[Artwork] 'Closed!'

How many times have we seen his dark, brooding figure standing in front of a brother that's gone astray from the law of the Legio, or even the Light of The Emperor? And how many times have we seen retribution brought by his hand to the Halls of the B&C? Many a time, indeed... and each time I wondered "What does Impetro really look like under all those shadows?"

My answer is the piece that follows; a very powerful one, if you ask me and one that took me little time in finishing and a lot of fun at that.

It's been a long time since I wanted to draw a proper Inquistor going fully Inquisitorial on a Heretic, and Impetro seemed like a good choice when I sat down yesterday and started to doodle.

There are some bits (besides the overall powerful tone of the image) that I like, particularly the shading and lighting effects I've used; I have a terrible problem dealing with those said effects, and so Impetro allowed me to try my hand at some more dramatic lighting than usual. And to a good result I expect!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Countingbodieslikesheep.jpg

I hope you deem it worthy of the great Inquisitor's reputation and let me know what you think!

Also, I take the chance to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope to have Rogal Dorn done soon enough and posted here as well in the coming days.

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Perhaps a gallery of Impetro's victims?

I.E. an ork with its face melted, an Eldar with its face melted, a Tau with its... I think you understand where I'm going with this.

Oh, and two spooning scouts with their faces melted. :unsure:

Smooth as usual, Aerion. It looks awesome. I really like the stout and sinister details of this piece, as well as the Inquisitor's morbid mood. :)

Only question is, what is that red dot behind the plasma coils?

I believe that red dot, is actually a gem on the guard of his sword.

"Anyone else wanna go off-topic?"

Excellent quote for this image, hahaha...

Somehow, I expected a melta gun or some sort of melta weapon.... ah well.

Regardless, another fantastic piece of work Aerion.

I know, I know... that's my bad. The Mods have often made references to melting when Impetro's justice was delivered on a topic, but he looks too sexy and serious with that Plasma to have him hand it to me for a Melta-Gun :D

Nice artwork, but, unfortunately I have no idea what i'm looking at...
Impetro Respondi.

Beautiful piece there, Aerion. Only question is, what is that red dot behind the plasma coils?

Question and answer, right there! It's great that you don't know who Impetro is, White Crusader; that means you're behaving, heh, heh...

And thank you, Sigismund! It's always a pleasure to hear compliments from the agents of our beloved Inquisitor. And, to reply to your question, here is the answer, in Darth's own words:

Smooth as usual, Aerion. It looks awesome. I really like the stout and sinister details of this piece, as well as the Inquisitor's morbid mood. :P
Only question is, what is that red dot behind the plasma coils?

I believe that red dot, is actually a gem on the guard of his sword.

Well spotted, mate and thank you for answering. I actually was very happy to see how my style has become discernible enough for you guys to know what I attempted to do and just "what is what" when I detail my images. That means I've truly become a part of the illustrated universe of the community (or so I'd like to think, heh!)...

The mood, as you pointed out, is one of the things that I like most about this image. I think it's one of those times in which I've really been able to grasp the 'grim darkness' of the far future (within the reaches of my style, of course).

Thats the Inquisitor in the "Closed" images the Mods use when they er, well, close a topic.

Great work Aerion!

Thank you Hasoroth!

Perhaps a gallery of Impetro's victims?

I.E. an ork with its face melted, an Eldar with its face melted, a Tau with its... I think you understand where I'm going with this.

Oh, and two spooning scouts with their faces melted. ;)

Hahaha, that would be asking too much for my schedule to allow such a display; but I'll take it as a compliment that you want to see more of my artwrok, mate!

Nice to see this, Aerion. :)

;) Thank you, mate! I ended up uploading it last night nonetheless...

Classy!

Now if someone would just put it to use... ;)

That would be too much too ask, my friend! And I certainly like the image they Moderators are using now; it inspired this one! But it would be nice to add the lettering and design to this image, just to see how it'd look like. Are you up for the challenge?

I love it, though I agree with the melta (or inferno) weapon missing. :P

Thank you for the support Nihm! Let's just call it even and say that he's using the melta on the other hand... he looks fierce enough to shoot you with two weapons!

Oh well... Woah !!!

Ok, ok, stop insisting, I'll keep a place for this one on the wall opposite to Aequo Anima. Really love its strong presence and stern look.

Merry Christmas to you my dear friend.

DS

I'm really happy that you like this image so much as to put it alongside "Aequo Anima" (Oh, those early days!), my good friend. I certainly think this image has the same ammount of darkness and mood that stemmed from the Sister checking her wounds...

And thank you for the well wishes!

I hope to hear some more thoughts, brothers... or else, you might run the risk of burning for your incolence at Impetro's feet! :P

Until soon!

Aerion.-

Good sir, kindly have this printed on 2'x3' poster paper, and have it mailed to me so that I may display it on my dorm room door.

Another great drawing, dude. I seriously have nothing but praise for both your style, and attention to detail. Keep it up, seriously.

Oh, and the same thing goes for Guilliman. I want a poster when you finally do draw him.

Whoa!!! This guy just looks great!

This is going on my wall! ;)

I hope you get to scare some people with him hanging there, hahaha... Thank you for the compliments, mate!

Good sir, kindly have this printed on 2'x3' poster paper, and have it mailed to me so that I may display it on my dorm room door.

Another great drawing, dude. I seriously have nothing but praise for both your style, and attention to detail. Keep it up, seriously.

Oh, and the same thing goes for Guilliman. I want a poster when you finally do draw him.

I don't know if I'll be able to manage prints for these, really, my brother, but you're free to try and print some for your own personal use using these posted image. The quality isn't THE best but they'll look good if not strectched too much... I'll certainly try and keep up this level in the upcoming works I do; your encoragement helps a lot!

Awesome. I really dig the work you've displayed on these boards. keep it up, please!

I'll do so! Thank you very much for the kind words!

An excellent personal interpretation of a familiar face Aerion :tu:

And what a face it is, Angelus! It's actually one of my favourite parts of this image and I'm glad you aprove of it...

Thank you all again and until soon!

Aerion.-

Aaaaarh !

Seriously, frater, don't let me down ! With the IS fluff saga and consideting one is Nina's own, I've got 13 now. So won't you let me surrounded by such a doomed number of artpieces...

Hmmmm ?

Ok, Dagoth is not avalaible, but Yellow...

Hmmm Yellow my precious...

DS

Time and determination erode everything

Man your artwork keeps getting more and more awesome!!

Thank you very much, mate! I hope I can always keep the level up or increase it even further!

Really love this one (the art I mean):huh:

Thank you, brother!

Really great mood aerion. Everything looks really good actually. I Think the electoo may be a little flat though thats all. Great work.

Thank you, Asmodeus! I don't know what you mean about the 'electoo', though...

Ok, Dagoth is not avalaible, but Yellow...

Hmmm Yellow my precious...

DS

Time and determination erode everything

Who said Dagoth was not available :tu: You've said it yourself: time and determination erode everything.

:D
Well, I can almost smell the heretic burning.

The fierce determination in eyes and impetro's charisma is is very well captured. congrats for a job well done!!

Wow! I'm most certainly glad to hear from two of Impetro's closest agents here on the boards giving their approval. I hope I can get back to the character some time in the future; I had a most fun time doing this image and it's definitely one of my best so far...

Thank you all again for the support and kind words and have great Holidays!

Aerion.-

Archived