First terminator test model librarian

Pyriel

Part of my 1:st company project.

The first test libby. Sorry about the bad lighting, I had the ISO set to low apparently.

At first I quickpainted the mini with rough and sloppy green armour (its the traditional salamanders librarian colour scheme) but when I came to the blue armour parts I had started to really like the mini so I put more effort into it. Thats why the blue armour is painted way better then the early green.

It kinda messes up the whole mini but what the heck.

Its also a little chipped here and there but I´ll fix that later on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Pyriel/1st%20comp/lib01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Pyriel/1st%20comp/lib02.jpg

Everything is done except the book, I simply cant come up with something to put there, I´m thinking some pics like planets and pentagrams but I´m all out of ideas.

Any help dudes?

The model has gorgeous fades and contrasts in your usual awesome green and a really good blue. But I think that the model is 85% done Mr. Pyriel. The 85% that is done is brilliant. The Force weapon, the open books, and the scroll chained to his back all need more attention. The gold nmm on the FW script is a little suspect. It could be the pic bit in any sense I know you could do much better. The eagle finial for the fw needs more shading/highlighting. The books need writing and icons. I'm being a little more critical with you because I know how good your are. But again, the 85% that is done is really awesome. ^_^

that to me looks like a golden daemon entrant and you call that sloppy. did you suffer opposite day or something when you said that, i mean to me your a master at painting. i can't see how models can be painted so good, the colour and shades are perfect. i'm green with envy (no pun intended!)

simply awesome! I love your style and it is one that I am going to try and replicate. How thin do you thin your paints or to ask another way how many layers of each colour, do you wet blend? Any chance of a step by step- pretty please??

Top work indeed. Planets would be cool. You should google galileo's drawings and use some of his sketches or leonardo divinci's. Some cool stuff imho

Those are some hearty mushrooms to survive on the very edge of a lava flow :lol:

Kidding aside, the crystals are spectacular and a nice touch...

Really like the NMM on his staff. I like how you changed it up and went with Green armour with some Blue instead of Blue armour with some Green, if you get what I mean hahaha.

Any thoughts on doing some text on his Book-Banner and Book on his shoulder pad?

Archived