Sicket combat unit ever?

Hfran Morkai

I was thinking about a really beardy apocalypse assault unit. It is structured like so:

Logan Grimnar (+1 attack to all models within 12 inches once per game)

Blackmane (2+ attack bonus on charge)

9 Terminators 5 lightning claws, 4 thunder hammers and storm shields, company banner, wolf tooth necklaces master crafted weapons and runic charms.

This equals

8 strength 5 or strength 8 attacks hitting on 3+

9 strength 5 attacks hitting on 3+

35 strength 4 attacks hitting on 3+

24 strength 8 attacks hitting on 3+

That is a lot of attacks and is ever so beardy. However I think that it is slight overkill. No idea on points as don't have the dex to hand. Obviously a Rune Priest could make the cut along with a wolf priest.

Any other ideas for a beefy combat unit? Please note that I will hard;y if ever game with this squad it was just fun thinking of it!

Just FYI....your little posse is 1177 just for that =P

I rarely play games that big lol so for me my "beardy" unit is Ragnar and 9 GH (Meltagun, BP/CCW, 2 PP/CCW, 1 PW/BP, 1 PF/BP) in a Drop Pod...easily withstood and then wiped out 2 Dark Eldar squads in CC in one game.

Considering I'm new I am still learning how to throw down =P

Yeah, cheers for the points. I would probably only use this force once for a laugh with my mates as it is an awful lot of points (about a 6th of my Great Company) My club is running a huge HQ and Elite only game. I think this squad will be fun to play with.

ok here it is (at least on of my many datasheets), keep in mind that it is still being thrown together and isn't finished:

"Space Wolf Gate Keepers"

" the space wolves have been known for their unusual organization. and going through the ranks in the packs can seem relatively strange to any one who doesn't know much about the space wolves and their ways. one of the strangest postions to be held is that of the gate keepers. strong grey hunters who are nearly worthy of the rank of wolf guard but must prove them selves just a little more for the higher rank or there isn't a need for more wolf guard at the time. they stand guard at every entrance to the Fang as solitary defenders and all the great halls as digilant sentinals. the strongest of these gate keepers serve the great wolf him-self and only go to war when he does or if they are sent, by him, to a planet in dire need of forces. each gate keeper is given a storm shield as a way of marking him from the rest of his battle brothers. as such, they can't hold any form of fire arm and many tend to be equiped with better close combat weapons. when they go to battle, one is selected as a Battle leader and place in charge of the pack. they are a fearsome sight to behold and few have survived to tell any tales of their cunning and the speed in which the desend upon their prey. they are truly wolves.

Space Wolf Gate Keeper pack: 35 points + cost of models and equipment

1 Gate Keeper Battle Leader an between 5 and 11 Space Wolf Gate Keepers

Gate Keeper Battle leader: 45 points

WS BS S T I W A LD SV

4 4 4 4 4 1 2 9 3+

equipment: power armor, storm shield, frag and krak grenades, power weapon, wolf pelt

the Battle leader may replace his power weapon for a power fist at 10 points, a chain fist at 15 points, a thunder hammer at 20 points, or a lightning claw for 15 points.

Space wolf Gate Keeper: 30 points each

WS BS S T I W A LD SV

4 4 4 4 4 1 1 8 3+

equipment: power armor, storm shields, fag and krak grenades wolf pelts, close combat weapons

for every three(3), rounding up, Space Wolf Gate Keepers you must upgrade one to have: a power weapon at 5 points, a power fist at 10 points, or a lightning claw at 15 points. Two(2) other Space Wolf Gate Keepers may upgrade their close combat weapons to a thunder hammer at 20 points or a chain fist at 15 points.

Transport:

A Space Wolf Gate Keeper pack my choose a Drop Pod, Razorback, Rhino, or landraider from Codex: Space Marines, as a transport.

Special Rules:

Defenders:

"When the Gate Keepers take to the battlefield, they do what their job is to do, defend. they only need to be near their objective to remain in control of it."

A Gate Keeper pack doubles the range for controlling or contesting one(1) objective on the table, picked before deployment. in addition if any member of the pack is in the range the squad with never fail any leadership check the pack is required to take.

"For the Fang!!!"

"When defeat seems to be near, a Gate keeper pack can quickly change the tide of battle. With a tremendous shout, the Battle Leader can send his fellow space wolves into a ferocious rage. that can leave the enemy off guard."

Once per Battle, at the start of any (both players) shooting phase, the Gate Keeper Battle leader may make his warcry "For the Fang!", as long as he is on the table. the Gate keeper pack is reminded of their duty to the chapter, and will launch an assualt against any enemy within 6 inches. they count as charging into combat with the feruious charge universal rule. if it is necessary to take a difficult terrain test, it must still be taken. if it is failed the warcry happened too early and the momentum is lost.

what do you think? Yes, i know i created my own postion with in the Fang, but its just a datasheet (you should wait to see my one for a specail dreadnought(s)). like i said i am still working on it. i know that some of the points need to be worked on. oh, and the lower points for the special close combat weapons, is because many of them get armed with them for just becoming a gate Keeper. i have given a copy to a friend who has done many of his own, and much of it was done with his help. if you have any suggestion please let me know.

Archived