New to Deamons

Conor The Great

OK, before you give up your entire soul to Khorne, I strongly urge you to consider a mixed list of Nurgle and Tzeentch. here is the list I have been playtesting, and it is totally kicking butt right now. In fact, I just wiped out my buddies Ultramarines tonight.

HQ: Fateweaver

HQ: GUO cloud of flies, breath of Chaos

Elite: 1x3 Beasts of Nurgle

Elite: 2x3 Flamers of Tzeentch

Troops: 1x10 Plaguebearers, Icon

Troops: 1x10 Plaguebearers, Icon

Troops: 1x10 Horrors

Troops: 1x9 Horrors, Changeling

Fast Attack: 2x3 Screamers of Tzeentch

Heavy: 2x1 Soul Grinders, phlegm

Fateweaver is phenomenal, able to use three shooting attacks at three different targets, able to reroll saves and any unit within 6" gets to reroll saves ( tonight out of 20 horrors taking shots all night, I lost three horrors, that is right, three horrors :-) Great Unclean One is a beast, he demolished a Terminator Assault Squad and immobilized a land raider too. Plaguebearers are the best at holding objectives, and are dead hard with inv saves and FNP w/ toughness 5. Sould Grinders, well what can I say, Phlegm is awesome, a SPAM killer for sure. Screamers make good objective takers/deniers with their turbo boost and unit of the night are the Flamers, OMG! Deep Strike was perfect for them and that Breath of Chaos attack totally ruled. I wiped out an entire SPAM squad with just three flamers. So far the Beasts are their for fluff as they have had a bad tendency to deep strike mishap back into the warp evertime :-(

Here is a link to my army WIP/Finished army pic: Nurgleentch Daemon Army

anyhoo, think about it because so far I am swearing by this build.

So....much....metal :D .that would initaly put me off,but youve got me thinking.I still will prob base my army on a Khorne/Slaneesh(i can never spell his/her name) but a plauge bearer squad might be good for holding objectives and mabye Tzench (can't spell him either :P )for some range.......I'm not overly sure yet,at the moment its all in the air.

Metal isn't for everyone, I know I hate working with it, but for a truly fearsome daemon list you're going to need to either buy some metal models, or convert them yourself. A common way to get horrors without buying the metal models is to convert woodelf dryads, and for flesh hounds you can use the new chaos hounds. Not that you neccessarily want either of these units, I don't know if you do or not, I'm just throwing out some ideas.

If metal turns you off, consider some converting and counts-as to get what you want. I've seen Seekers from plastic Daemonettes and plastic Fantasy Spiders, Fiends from plastic Chaos Spawn, Flesh Hounds from plastic Chaos Warhounds, Horrors from plastic Dryads, and Plaguebearers from plastic Zombies/Ghouls.

Or you could do what I do and make an entire army from sprues while I slowly acquire the necessary metal stuff.

Archived