How to Model Zealots

Mosk

I want to include atleast 1 squad of 20 zealots, and possibly another later. I have heard of a lot of people using empire flagellents to accomplish modeling the zealots, but I want other ideas.

Me personally, I am not sure I like the whole idea of empire flagellents even slightly converted running into battle. Since I am trying to accomplish an almost steam punk mixed judge dredd feel to my army, And I love the look of the inquisitor lord, I think that the zealots should look almost like holy warriors, even though that does not follow exactly with the fluff of them,

Or even model them like the picture of them in the chapter approved.

so let em rip, if you could post links to pics, or anything on how you would model the zealots.

Finally traded off the last of my 44 Cawdor and upgraded to plastic flagellant models (Cheap Flagellant Bodies on Ebay currently) Empire Flagellant models have the look I was wanting and the plastic parts allow me to convert with ease. Model them up with forks and knives and put a few grenade launchers in, add a priest and you have a cheap effective unit.

EDIT: Added a link to an old conversion Cadian Stormtroopers perhaps try a quick Cadian conversion for a Judge Dredd look. Perhaps you can look at some of the Judges or Cadet Models from the Gangs of Megacity One Tabletop Miniature Game. Could purchase some classic Arbites or Necromunda Enforcers as well, but their metal bodies and static poses make it difficult.

I'd go with mordheim and fantasy battle stuff. My own cultists are actually a mix of the 'Mordheim Frenzied mob, brettonian grail pilgrims and trebuchet crew, mordheim empire metals, necromundan redomptionists, old gorka-morka diggas, and other assorted one offs. Some fifty or so metal figs.

I try to theme my mobs, so, one mob is the grail legacy of D'morte-guy, the other is lady Penningtons household, luggage and all. An other is a local militia.

Can someone post a link (in English) that has the Zealot rules. I know it was in WD 300ish and it is also supposed to be available on the gw website for download but it is only in French. I have not been able to find the rules anywhere else. I don’t understand why they would release it in one language an not any others. Anyways if someone could help me out with this it would be very much appreciated.

You definately want to use Redemptionist and/or Delaque figs.

Especially with Redeemer as the demagogue, while Malekev can be good enough as a mobber or fanatic.

Redemptionist Warband and Delaque Warband, though the Redemptionists stike me as the most zealot-like warband.

On a side-track: Adeptus Arbites.

Yup, best solution to it imo.

Unfortunately, no English document available for free! Seem the Germans and Frenchs have it easy!

Don't know about the frenchies, but the germans also get to download the DH and WH codices as well as the VDR rules.

Overall, I prefer the german site these days because the new and "improved" english site doesn't work well with me. (at least oz still has the old one)

Archived