Acts of Faith in vehicles

Mosk

I am going to run a squad of dominions with meltas inside a repressor. Can my squad inside use acts of faith?

Also not quite related to the thread name but, should and can the repressor's storm bolter be equiped with blessed ammunitions? and can heavy weapons be mounted in a vehicle and shoot from the fire points? Like can you mount a retributed squad with multimeltas in a repressor and still shoot?

You can use AoF in a vehicle, but it may be considered wasteful. Probably the only circumstances I could forsee doing it is using Spirit of the Martyr or Light of the Emperor on a squad of 6 girls in an Immolator that you just know is going to get absolutely lit up in the shooting phase and you want to protect the girls inside. Even Repressors, which are not allowed in many gaming settings (at least the region where I play), may not see the best use of Divine Guidance since you are only gonna get about 3-6 or so girls able to shoot at any given time (Remember LoS out of fire points is similar to Hull Mounted or sponson shooting, it isnt 360 degree fire), so you arent getting the most use out of each precious Faith Point.

You can use AoF in a vehicle, but it may be considered wasteful. Probably the only circumstances I could forsee doing it is using Spirit of the Martyr or Light of the Emperor on a squad of 6 girls in an Immolator that you just know is going to get absolutely lit up in the shooting phase and you want to protect the girls inside. Even Repressors, which are not allowed in many gaming settings (at least the region where I play), may not see the best use of Divine Guidance since you are only gonna get about 3-6 or so girls able to shoot at any given time (Remember LoS out of fire points is similar to Hull Mounted or sponson shooting, it isnt 360 degree fire), so you arent getting the most use out of each precious Faith Point.

Don't forget the fire hatch, so up to 7 modells may fire from the repressor.

On a side note, I always thougth, since firing of all units is considered to happen simultaniously, that a unit escaping from a destroyed vehicle isn't a legal target for shooting puposes in that shooting phase.

On a side note, I always thougth, since firing of all units is considered to happen simultaniously, that a unit escaping from a destroyed vehicle isn't a legal target for shooting puposes in that shooting phase.

Shooting from a single squad is resolved simultaneously, but the shooting phase is conducted at any pace the firer wishes. So if a transport vehicle is destroyed via shooting, and it's occupants are forced out, they are now legal targets for any remaining firing that needs to be done.

Shooting from a single squad is resolved simultaneously, but the shooting phase is conducted at any pace the firer wishes. So if a transport vehicle is destroyed via shooting, and it's occupants are forced out, they are now legal targets for any remaining firing that needs to be done.

Note that this means that some other unit can shoot dismounts, not the same squad that destroyed the vehicle. Squad that destroyed the vehicle can howewer assault dismounts normaly (as in "no way if you used Heavy weapons or rapid fire").

Note that this means that some other unit can shoot dismounts, not the same squad that destroyed the vehicle. Squad that destroyed the vehicle can howewer assault dismounts normaly (as in "no way if you used Heavy weapons or rapid fire").

Unless you have some rule allowing you to, such as relentless

One thing to note: In my correspondance which was answered by Warwick Kinrade of ForgeWorld, he stated that the six passengers could fire out of the same side of the Repressor.. so apparently the "fire points" on the side of the vehicle allow 2 passengers to fire out of them.. so you could get 7 models (utilizing the top hatch) firing all to the same side (left or right) of the vehicle. Firing front or back is out though.

Unless you have some rule allowing you to, such as relentless

Yes. Funny enough, Sisters can get relentless rule in Apoc.

Archived