Women of the Adeptus Astartes Diorama Complete

Doctor Thunder

I actually find some of them hot. Unsuprising, since I'm a teenage boy ;) .

The sad thing is I find the Imperial Fist hot, and I don't even like them. I find bright yellow power armour repulsive.

Are they female wood elf heads or well painted male heads, actually where do you get these heads? Im guessing glade guard but I can't tell which ones are female b/c of the tiny pics in the warstore

They are female wood elf heads from the wood elf archer sprues. No amount of paint will make a male head look like a female head.

I actually find some of them hot. Unsuprising, since I'm a teenage boy ;) .

I hear ya. :)

That Ultramarine is very awesome though, has actually inspired me so make a female marine or two and have them as sarges in my army, or something to that effect.

Those are imposters! They don't have BOOBIES!

Now, I don't know much about their composition, but maybe they're squished against the breast plate.

*Hears melta charging up*

I better hide...

Aside from that, very good.

I definitely prefer these to the Black Widows- the over-breastage just made me cringe every time I saw them.

One criticism: The Imperial Fist's armour needs definition. I reccomend brown ink or a wash equivalent in the crevices.

EDIT: Oh, and make a Thousand Daughters Marine too, just for the lulz.

Since the topic of female heads for miniature conversion has come up,.. where does one go about finding quality and inexpensive female heads,..

The Glade guard here is a good example,.. but I'm assuming not all the heads in a box are female,.. and while 5 or 6 are great,.. is there any product line or GW miniature box that has a predominant number of femme heads,.. but doesn't require you to buy a $50+ box of pewter minis?!

Since the topic of female heads for miniature conversion has come up,.. where does one go about finding quality and inexpensive female heads,..

The Glade guard here is a good example,.. but I'm assuming not all the heads in a box are female,.. and while 5 or 6 are great,.. is there any product line or GW miniature box that has a predominant number of femme heads,.. but doesn't require you to buy a $50+ box of pewter minis?!

As far as GW products, that's about it. Mordheim Amazons and Necromunda Eschers both have female heads, but are expensive pewter boxed sets

The Wood Elf Archer boxed set contains 12 female heads per box, so you don't want to buy the box just for the heads. Fortunately, the box contains twice as many heads overall as you need, and most Wood Elf players use the hooded heads, so it's really easy to get the extras from wood elf players in your area. You can also trade them off Wood Elf players from all corners on bartertown.

There are several ebay stores that will sell wood elf heads specifically for just a couple of bucks. Here's the one I use:

http://stores.ebay.com/Hoard-O-Bits_Warham...6QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Alternately, Hasslefree miniatures sells sprues of female heads, but you'll need to sculpt hair onto them with green stuff:

http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1313

If you want alien or demon female heads, the plastic dryad and deamonette heads work well.

And finally, my club has some original female heads that were developed for our female Imperial Guard, but they'll work on any old 28mm scale model. PM me if you want some pics of those.

Hope that helps. ;)

an interesting cconcept, how i feel the person comment on strong women making strong babys somewhat...disturbing. another note is that the fact only the head dictates that they are female isn't right, all i ask is you streamline the armour somewhat say at the waists or such. ether that or just put some breasts on them. another note is how would the black carapace work. ok now i'm just gonna see how many come out with obvious jokes on that but regardless the modeling skills are very impressive and i notice you were mad enough to use the games day '08 marines hammer for one.

how would the black carapace work.

It's quite simple, actually. For fun, I'll write out the answer "in universe"

Grantic rolled into the floor lantern as he sidled up next to his master, moving with remarkable deftness for a man with only one misshapen limb.

"Your commands were inspired as always, my lord," he said with a metallic shrill to his voice, the flickering torchlight highlighting the wet boils that potmarked his exposed flesh.

"May his name be praised," Lord Mintoye responded with eyes closed as his hand scyred along the slick stone walls. "What did you find?"

"They have perverted the Emperor's sacred seed," Grantic spat, "forcing it to grow is a cauldron of heimotytes and other things I have sullied myself trying to identify."

"Attend to your purity first, my vassal," Mintoye commanded as he slid his hand along the walls. Grantic moaned with guilt as he used his dagger the cut the flesh on his forehead, chanting the prayer of purity over and over as fast as his artificial voicebox would allow.

"The young women they preyed upon had unusual physiology," Mintoye spoke aloud, focusing past the clouds of unbelief that permeated the room. "Women right at the edge of the genetic spectrum, as similar to males as possible without becoming hermaphroditic."

"Death to the Mutant! Cleanse the Mutant!" Grantic shouted aloud, his eyes rolling back into his head in ecstasy as he cut again into his flesh.

Wilian, the savant, glided into the room, his long silken robes passing along without allowing any dirt or grime to adhere to them. "My Lord, the survivor has shattered under pain induction. He confesses to many grievous sins which were committed here."

"Not only here." Lord Mintoye's eyes opened, revealing the blind white orbs he normally concealed beneath his lids. "No, this was but one of many cells. Here they celebrated their perversion, then moved the viable seed to another site for duplication."

"By the Throne," Grantic swore, dragging his blade across his chest.

Dr. Thunder - thanks for the links, Hasslefree seems to be one of the contenders for decently priced female conversion heads. I think since my chapter is a DA successor, I can cast the face, and then hide the rest of the head in a cloak or robe,.. so that should work to my advantage where $$$ is concerned.

another note is that the fact only the head

dictates that they are female isn't right, all i ask is you streamline

the armour somewhat say at the waists or such. ether that or just put

some breasts on them.

I'm not sure that the body would look that much different to their male counterparts. I would assume we'd be looking at something very similar to a female bodybuilder. For the most part, an exact carbon copy for power armour, and only the heads differentiating the gender would be spot on,..

Dr. Thunder - thanks for the links, Hasslefree seems to be one of the contenders for decently priced female conversion heads. I think since my chapter is a DA successor, I can cast the face, and then hide the rest of the head in a cloak or robe,.. so that should work to my advantage where $$$ is concerned.

Yes, a hood is really easy to make out of green stuff and those heads will look great with hoods on them.

Good luck to you, and send me pics. :)

Archived