UM Captain/Sternguard Sgt.

Brother Atheos

Was going to be the captain for my Orange marines but when my friend saw it y'day he made me an offer to paint it up as UM for him in exchange for plastic goodness. How could i refuse when im in the process of saving up for 6 LS Typhoons (make that 3 now ;))

Anyway he just asked me for a progress update so i thought i'd share it with everyone here aswell.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/fezuk/IMG_1947.jpg

Will have the eagle head backpack from the commander set to round it all off.

C&C welcome

Thanks guys, it is indeed the combi from the termi lib, mk1 vet sgt, EC sword and the bionic arm is from the SM commander box set.

As far as teh vet sculpt goes on it's own, i think the main stumbling point is that you've got that BP arm slapped on the side. It's possible the most annoying arm to remove as it not only joins on the arm, it also joins on the back and attaches to the helmet on his belt aswell. ALways liked the basic pose, just never really seemed to work with the BP and PF.

Looks like I just found what to do with my Sgt model. Suitably altered so as not to be too close to yours, naturally.

I agree with you about the pose though, to me it seems as though he is leaning away from whatever he is pointing/shooting at. Your conversion works off of this well, making him look like he is bracing against the firing of his gun.

where can i find metal bitz like that?

i dont know who currently sells the bits i used as before the M/O switchover at GW i put in a big bits order which is where i've got most of my bits left over from.

I agree with you about the pose though, to me it seems as though he is leaning away from whatever he is pointing/shooting at. Your conversion works off of this well, making him look like he is bracing against the firing of his gun.

I look at it as more of a case of unloading at close range and then preparing to roll back from the inevitable charge. I can just imagine a Carnifex lumbering at him as he empties his clip and as it lunges in for a bite he rolls back out the way before countering with his powersword.

Archived