Cyons Elation

Skirax

Cyon (Pronounced Sigh-on) is present at the slaughter of the Raven Guard on Istvaan. Here goes.

Cyon touched down on Istvaan in his Stormbird. He looked at the Raven Guard, struggling agianst the World Eaters, they were being torn apart by Angrons undisciplined gladiators. He smiled maliciously as he thought about the Raven Guard and how they would not live to see another battle. And all by his guns. As a warsmith of his company, he was the one who would train the warriors for battle. Unlaoding from the Stormbird, he gathered togethor his squad. The new recruits for the Legion set up defensive perimeters of razor wire and gun emplacements.

'Brothers!' came the call over the vox, 'We are beginning to fall back to your lines, have you brought reinforcements?'

'Oh, yes,' said Cyon. 'Lots of reinforcements. They won't stand a chance.' Little did the Raven know he meant them.

As Horus' followers pulled back, so did the loyalists. The Salamanders and the Raven Guard were clambering up the hill that the Iron Warriors had touched down on. Many were dieing, and soon they would be dead.

'Ready,' said Cyon to the Warriors. 'Prepare your guns...NOW!' His cry was answered by a thousand guns laoding. As the loyalists looked up, Cyon felt elation at seeing the reactions of those who had removed their helmet. 'Aim at them!' he cried through his grill, his voice, full of exitement, easily reaching the Iron Warriors. 'FIRE!'

The loyalists were crushed beneath a barrage of bullets, the disciplined Warriors unleashing waves of bolter fire upon those loyal to the false Emperor. Hundreds died, and then more, and then more! This was just the beginning. He would feel this way many times more, and he laughed in hysterics at the thought of this, but much bigger, happening when the Warmasters forces would reach Terra. Cyon cried in pure elation, crying his Legions war cry.

"IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!'

So what do you think? Might be a bit short, but I can add more later.

Ill do it if he wont. I love the Iron warriors but i also love the Warriors of mayhem...
No Firenze, I am even thinking of doing a diarama for the part were he is unloadin barricades from his Stormbird. Hmmm... maybe we could do it togethor ?????

...he gathered togethor his squad.

Together is a tad redundant, in my humble opinion.

...and he laughed in hysterics

"In Hysterics" should be changed to hysterically.

Other than that, great story.

-Skullz

Tell me if this was a stupid idea; if so, I will edit this post later.

2 years before:

Bullets zipped overhead, the guns pounding the Iron Warriors defences. The Tyellon yelled alien warcries, firing massive weapons at the Astartes massed in the 14th Bunker. Crouching, Cyon gave his orders to his companies remaining 70 men.

'...and squad Cerberus, I want you to give my squad covering fire as we flank. Understand?' All nodded in agreement. Hefting his large twin-linked bolter, Cyon led his squad to 16th Bunker, prepairing to flank the few remaining Tyellon soldiers. Cyon thought back over the past seven months, since the beginning of the campaing agianst Tyella, a planet in Segmantum Tempestus, in the far south. The Iron Warriors had won many decisive victories, bringing the Emperors judgement upon the vile alien scum. Perturabo, their great and venerated Primarch had led them from the front, crushing Tyellon armies within days. However, in the 5th month of the Campiagn, the Primarch had heard that the Emperor, beloved of all, had named Horus his Warmaster. the reason for this was because the Emperor, Father of all, had declared that he was to leave the Great Crusade and return to Terra, taking the Imperial fists, the rivals of the Iron Warriors in seige-craft, with him. This news had caused Perturabo to return to his flagship and had barely left his own quarters since.

Sudden explosions of bolts on fortifications caused Cyon to snap out of his thoughts and look to the Tyellon attack lines - Cerberus squad had openned fire on the last Tyellon warriors, keeping them pinned down for Hellfire squad and Cyon to attack.

'Iron Within, Iron Without!' cried Cyon as he rushjed towards the Tyellon, his enitre company taking up the warcry, shocking the xenos with the sudden ferocity of the counter-attack. Cyons twin-linkied bolter bucked and sparked, barking out bullets that rocketed into the enemy lines, killing aliens by the handful and forcing the xenos further back into their defences.

'Open Fire!' he shouted and his squad unloaded their deadly payload upon the few last Tyellon defenders. Bullets bounced off of Cyons Power Armour as he crashed into his foes lines. Drawing his Power Sword Steel Fury, he slew the last remaining alien soldiers collected in the bunker. Suddenly the ground erupted around him and he was flung off his feet, landing hard on some discarded enemy weaponry. The swords dug deep into his back, and the skly began to turn black.

Oh no, I didn't just leave on a cliffhanger! - to qoute the famous Leethal.

Seriously though, did you like it? If so, I will post more.

Cyon awoke in the medicae deck, a servitor standing over him. In his hand is a narthecium.

‘I hope that wasn’t about to go in me!’ enquired Cyon, worried. ‘Then I would have died!’ he declared, climbing up off the table, throwing off the gown with the Iron Warriors’ symbol on it.

‘I was only doing my duty,’ said the metal servant emotionlessly. ‘You were showing no signs of returning to life.’ While other Legions had allowed their servitors to keep some of their mortal flesh, the Iron Warriors made them only keep their human organs, making their outer layer completely steel. This makes them more resilient on the battle field performing duties.

‘Get away from me, you lifeless freak,’ he said, pushing the servitor away. Picking up some robes left for him, he left the medicae deck, to search for his company. Half way to his quarters, he bumped into the Warsmith of the 2nd company, Ferrus Ordlay.

‘Captain Cyon, good to see you off the apothecaries slab. I hope they weren’t about to skewer you to give your gene-seed to some new whelp,’ said Ordlay sarcastically. Ordlay had long been the bane of Cyon’s Astartes life since had been inducted one and a half centuries ago. On the other hand, the First Captain had taken quickly to Cyon when he was inducted at the beginning of the Great Crusade.

‘They would be better off than if they got your gene-seed, and we are dreading that day when you leave to go reside at the Emperors side,’ he replied, sarcasm heavy in his voice, though Ordlay seemed no to pick it up. As Cyon walked off, he heard the captain muttering about him being a chosen of the Emperor.

Soon he arrived at his companies training halls. They were completely devoid of life. After looking in his friend, Cerberus’, quarters, and found them empty, he began to get wary. His company seemed to be missing. Seeking out the First Captain, he wondered what could have happened to his company, and more importantly, his friend.

Arriving at the First Captains quarters, he walked in, finding his friend at his desk. ‘Just writing my memoirs, Warsmith Cyon,’ commented Captain Crase when he saw Cyon give a puzzled look at him. One problem with Crase was that he was completely self-centered. ‘Oh and…’ he seemed to be on the edge of saying something, but couldn’t quite say it. ‘...sorry for your losses.’

‘My losses?’

‘Yes, your company.’

Don't quite catch your drift:
Heh, Captain Crase. Sadly not aboard the gunship Talyon or that would really have sparked carefully mispelled nostalgia...
I am not huge on 40k fluff, just know the basics, what do you mean? I thought up both crase and Tyalon on the sopot: They sounded good.

Archived