[Artwork] White Star (not SCAR)

ToyShip

Howdy, tonight I began working on an image I promised Commissar Molotov months ago (July?), when he was wroking on his Captain America inspired marines, the White Stars. Please note, as you look at the image, it is nowhere near complete, and this is my first real attempt at doing digital art. Using the free program, the GIMP, I have come up with this so far:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a333/Toyship/whitestar1.jpg

Personnaly, I think his right (HIS right not yours) shoulder pad is a bit too beefy, and needs to be scaled down, as it gives him an apish appearance. His arms may be a little too long too.

Anyway, the above thread never really settled on a color scheme, so I am going with white with red rims, and the chapter badge will be a blue shield with a white star.

Anyway any criticism would be greatly appreciated.

The arms are pretty close to the right length, his right paldron is ever so slightly too large, but not by all that much, and I agree his right leg is slightly too thick, aside from that, I don't like the position of his left arm, it never seems right when you see the back of the hand face on, an angled shot always looks more realistic. Everything else is looking pretty good.

Anyway, the above thread never really settled on a color scheme, so I am going with white with red rims, and the chapter badge will be a blue shield with a white star.

[sarcasm] Yes because that Colourscheme + their name isn't in anyway going to have people confusing them with the White Scars... [/sarcasm] ;)

[sarcasm] Yes because that Colourscheme + their name isn't in anyway going to have people confusing them with the White Scars... [/sarcasm]

This is true, especially with the scheme ive chosen, but I like it, so I'll weather the "Is that a White Scar?" questions...Thanks all for the comments, more work later...

Nice. Whilst I'm not nearly as sarcastic as Heru Talon, I do think that you should give the colourscheme a bit of a re-think. Captain America is overwhelmingly blue, I think - and Chapters with colours in their names don't have to be that colour. Look no further than the Red Scorpions for that!

Still, whatever you do, I look forward to seeing more. And post it up on Illuminatus, too!

My only suggestion is that the torso needs to be longer. at the moment the abdomen is quite squashed and this is making everything else look out of proportion. The Pads are fine as they are, if you look at recent GW artwork, the pads are always exaggerated as it gives a sense of height and power.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a333/Toyship/whitestar1-1.jpg

Not much, but I think this may have fixed part of my problem with this pic.

Nice. Whilst I'm not nearly as sarcastic as Heru Talon, I do think that you should give the colourscheme a bit of a re-think. Captain America is overwhelmingly blue, I think - and Chapters with colours in their names don't have to be that colour. Look no further than the Red Scorpions for that!

Still, whatever you do, I look forward to seeing more. And post it up on Illuminatus, too!

I appreciate your comments Mol, and I think I see what you mean about the color scheme. I guess I just had this image in my head of them being white. But, I'll change them to blue, and see what I can come up with.

My only suggestion is that the torso needs to be longer. at the moment the abdomen is quite squashed and this is making everything else look out of proportion. The Pads are fine as they are, if you look at recent GW artwork, the pads are always exaggerated as it gives a sense of height and power.

I made his left pad bigger, bringing it more in line with his right one, and now I'm going to go back and re-work his torso and legs. Thanks a ton for the comments!

++++

EDIT

Messed around for about an hour, came up with this:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a333/Toyship/whitestarblue1.jpg

Pretty happy with how it is turning out. Gotta go wrap presents.

Archived