Night Lord Questions!

Wolf Lord Gregus

Hey guys, here is a few questions for a Night Lords Army:

1) What colour is used as a Basecoat for the Night Lord Models?

2) Do all the Marines need to have Night Lord Wing Heads, or just few of them?

3) What do you think of using chaos warhounds as a replacement to bikes? and how can i get legs to fit on a warhound as in using a bike? Suggestions etc please.

4)Any little tips for painting them?

Looking forward for replies and please reply in

1)

2)

3)

4)

Thanks!

1)Tends to be a dark blue; Regal Blue or something of the sort. I have seen some people base it black but they do lots of shading.

2)They dont HAVE to have Night Lords. Brother Nihm's Night Lords look very good. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...m&album=549

3)For bikes if you have CSM ridding them then yes.

4)Here is lightning http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...c=100431&hl.

Replace the red with blue, and add lightning http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=144841&hl=

also http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...c=121315&hl

Hope that helps

1) I use Regal Blue but any dark blue would work. I've seen some that used Necron Abyss as the base colour that have a very dark shade to them but looked really nice.

2) You don't have to use the Helmets. I quite like them but everyone with them would be too much if you ask me. I reserve them for my Chosen and HQ units to help them stand out.

3) You could I suppose, here's an idea I did though. Use them as lesser daemons. I have up to 20 of them for that counting the summoning rules as the Marines simply letting the hounds off the leash.

4) For my Night Lords I just do a base of Regal Blue and then an Asurmen Blue wash followed by a 1:1 Regal Blue/Enchanted Blue highlight. The gold I do a coat of Chainmail first then Shining Gold over than and finally a wash of Gryphonne Sepia. My other main colour for the sashes and wings is just a base coat of Mechrite Red with a Devlin Mud Wash and 1:1 Blood Red/Blazing Orange highlight. It's not very hard to do and while not being anything close to a Golden Daemon worthy model come out looking quite good if you ask me. Here's a pic of the end result

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/Pumakilla/Night%20Lords/Raptor05-Champion.jpg

1) Black. With blue highlights. That's how Night Lords were painted by the Eavy Metal team when I started collecting them, so that's how Night Lords should look in my opinion. For the 3.5 Codex CHaos teh Black Legion paint scheme was updated from "all black" to "black with gold trims", and now they looked like Night Lords used to look, so the Night Lords were being painted a bit brighter.

2) No one needs to have any carnival helmets. I don't know what the guys coming up with them were thinking. Well, probably that it was a cool idea. Boy, were they wrong.

3) You mean Chaos Marines riding dogs? Umh. That's different. Not necessarily cool, but different.

1) The one you want. I've seen anything from Regal Blue, Necron Abyss, 50-50 Chaos Black/Regal Blue to the now out of production Midnight Blue. They all look great (though Midnight is more purple in colour).

2) It's a matter of taste, I use none. Some go with 100% batheads. It's up to you.

3) It doesn't scream Night Lords to me personally but, it's your army, and I bet if you write a background story explaining why your warband enslaved the dogs it would be cool.

4) Edit: Zerib beat me to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I just recently started collecting Night Lords....and resently joined, so hi.

1) with my guys I use necron abyss then go over it in regal blue...i like the way it comes out, but whatever blue floats you goat

2) dont need em, but least you get cool sholder pads...I hate transfers, still use em, but still hate em

and 3) work on it and see how it comes out if you choose to

1) I am using Midnight Blue. They are NIGHT lords, and they were really much more night lords in older codexes (as was the Alpha Legion). Regal blue with gold looks too ultramaric as for me, so i am using midnight blue and boltgun metal + dwarven bronze instead of gold.

2) Not at all. Metal conversion pack gives you 10 heads and 10 shoulders, so you can make about 20 marines have Night Lords symbols. Wings is not very pretty, but shoulders are just great!

3) IMHO, the old legion was well-equipped with pre-heresy wargear, so if you like classic night lords - bikes looks a bit better. But 10000 years give you a lot of freedom :tu:

4) Night Haunter was pale-skinned, I am using "bleached bone" to paint faces. Also, it looks great to add decorative skulls and paint blood on the weapons, as Night Lords should wear lots of "marks of death".

Archived