Kraal' q Nations, Xenos worshippers of chaos

Behamorr

(Hi all, I was making a fun army for use in a campaign about a localized space of star systems , and when i tried the Nids' 'dex, it failed to work right. But the Codex Chaos Space Marines came out, and there it was! Anyway, I am actually using the Reptus minis from the Warlord game for this army, so , no, it will never see a tournament run by GW as the minis are not from GW, it is merely for the campaign, and random fun battles. )

The sector of the "Pearlstrand is home to many colonies of the Imperium, and systems that have been wooed by the Tau into leaving their vows to the Emperor behind, as well as orks, and other xenos willing to live there. But, native to the area, and a once proud race they were, exist the Kraal' q, a reptilian, draconid race with some resembling serpents, that live in simplistic villages, some even trade with settlements on their worlds, but some facts have come to the fore through archaeological digs, the Kraal' q were actually star-farers, and had populated the entire sector, they had been a small empire, with potent technology, and had once dealt with the Eldar (based on eldar tech found in some ruins). Exactly what and why their empire became this debased culture one can only speculate. But recently, the Kraal' q have become more warlike, and have exhibited that they still have their technology as their weapons, seemingly built for close combat at first glance are capable of firing bolts of energy, equal in power to bolters, or plasma, or even lascannons! they also wear armor in battle comparable to power armor!

The Kraal' q even have a organizer, a Warlord named Dra' Khan, a mighty lizard indeed, in dark red scales marked with black stripes with orange borders around them, in black armor trimmed in gold. Though he has wings, he never seems to fly, his armor is as potent as terminator armor, and some of the armor seems to exhibit favors of the other gods. Yes, the Kraal' q show signs of being worshippers of the Dark Powers! How they are getting around was a mystery until one considers that a sorcerer of great power can open portals through the warp. But they appear to have had their old space fleet hidden about the place, even in plain site! Now, that the war-spirit of these powerful xenos has been awakened, the fate of the "pearl-strand" is in question!

Dra' Khan(Reptus Warlord)=Abbadon

Tek' L' Khan(Reptus Warlord)=Slaanesh Lord

The mix is all in their, Noise marines that look like snakes, dual wielding terminaors of slaanesh, and even berzerkers, and T-sons, and regular troops as well as raptors, and plague marine lizards. Oblita-gators, spawn made from prisoners. even defilers.(gotta figure a xenos variant).

The Kraal' q attack, and then either slip away with their field experience, or settle on holding areas they feel as sacred, or valuable, and then attacking more areas. Dra' Khan wants to annihilate all those who now sit as interlopers on Kraal' q worlds, and they shall be done away with as sacrifices foe the Gods, for the Gods are hungry, and the Kraal' q follow the dictates of the Overlord Dra' Khan.

look in to the face of "counts as " and weep.

But recently, the Kraal' q have become more warlike, and have exhibited that they still have their technology as their weapons

thats after or before they became part of the tau empire . if before then the tau would have killed them off , if they didnt want to join . If after then how did it happen ? the etheral enslaved races are loyal to the tau empire + if they did go against the tau empire they would have been wiped again [one planet without space flight vs high tech tau].

Actually, the Human worlds that have dropped their vows have either been the ones to join the Tau, or they are trading with the Tau, but have yet to fully commit lest it starts a war between the Imperium and the Tau, though with the Black Crusade in full swing, the Imperium will be hard pressed to retaliate, but the Pro-Imperial worlds may use what resources they have to fight about it. And as has been stated, the Kraal' q have had their good tech hidden. With the War-path taken, they have brought it out of hiding and have dropped their passive ways, and are conducting guerilla wars. (Thanks to Jeske for asking as it appears I did not go into enough details.)

The Kraal'q have warriors apparently devoted to some of the specific Gods, and all forms of chaos worship is represented, There are ones in blue scales with Midnight Blue and Gold armor for Tzeentch.

Black scales with Red and gold armor for Khorne

Purple scales with bright markings for the Slaanesh wearing scorpion green and Blazing orange armor with silver or gold trim.

then a variety of colors, in black armor with gold trim for chaos in general, and green scaled ones in dirty armor for Nurgle. these I will have looking like Komodo Dragons as they may not themselves look diseased, but their bite is toxic! mouths harbor a miasma of bacteria, and virii, a cocktail of contagion!!!!!!!!

For Dreadnoughts, I will use the new Turtle Dragon minis, as these will be Close Combat Draeds. with Heavy Flamers!

I painted the armor of the Defiler in gore red, and made it a close combat oriented defiler.

I have Alligator Men with weapons pinned and glued to them in the pattern of Obliteratos, hence the term Oblita-Gators!

I even attached odd bitz from the spawn sprues to make Possessed.

and the spawn represent captured humans that have been warped before battle by the Kraal' q so they can use humans against humans!

That, and the Bel'a Kor mini as the Daemon Prince.

+++ Hefta colony, Pearlstrand "southern" zone +++

The colonist were going about their business, watched by the PDF troopers, there had been reports of unrest, and there had been some folks who had gone missing, like Dar Traverson, missing for five weeks and presumed dead. Upon the hill, amongst the trees, watching, was a coterie of reptilian aliens, their armor in a glory of wild colors, Lord Tek' L' Khan observed the puny pink mammals, "Let uss teach the Prey-prey who this world's true masssterss are!" and with that, they loosed the wretched creatures that had once been human, behind them, the Kraal' Q warriors advanced to make sure they did not lose any chance to reap their kills.

Everyone stopped as they heard a strange sound, a cry-bellow-whimpering-mewling sound as things of nightmare came rushing down the hill towards the town, and there! one of them waving sword like claws and spines had a face that looked like Dar Traverson! That was the time they had to think as the wall of flesh backed by armored might hit the town and PDF alike in a fury of clawing, biting death.

Later, survivors were rounded up by the Kraal'q the spawn-things had died due to wounds, or due to their metabolism giving out. "Prey-things! you will be either feasted on, sacrificed, or be like those laying dead there." he said as he nudged Dar Traverson's mutated corpse. "You should have either fled, or fought harder!"

A week later, the relief patrol found a deserted town where there should have been their counter-parts, and a bustling town of twenty five hundred people.

look in to the face of "counts as " and weep.

I think this is pretty good. There are thousands of races in 40K with no army list, and they add a great deal of flavour to home-run campaigns.

Good going, Behamorr.

Now that they are making them more reptilian, I may se about some of the saurus minis for conversion, but the nice thing about the Reptus minis is their oriental style armor, the GW LIzards are Inca/Mayan, may be some clash, or I can explain their looks as regional differences and such

I like to model different WHF and LOTR headbits to my chaos army to give a more withered shrunken look. Considering a mixture of kroot and new lizardman minis for mutants. Haven't seen Reptus minis before, have to take your word on that. Maybe should continue discussion in the mini room?

Archived