Warhammer 40K INAT FAQ version 2.0 Released...

Wolf Brother Spyrle

Please dont tell me you mean the codex leveling project? Thats a sheer travesty. I have the utmost respect for brother tyler, and especially on his efforts for the iron hands, scorpions, etc who just got plain left out. But the ideas that have sprouted up in the wolfy subforum are just plain monstrous.

25pts for a powerfist? On a grey hunter or a bloodclaw? Sorry, I cant see that one. How about a five point increase in our plasma pistols? Bloodclaws getting more expensive per model, and even their power weapons doubling in price. Taking away the vendreads uniqueness in all fashions except letting it be an HQ choice. Not giving our Iron Priest thunderhammers because techmarines dont have them. How about no WGBL heavy weapons? Or making our wolf lords and WGBL exactly like a SM HQ? My Grey Hunters not being able to take BP+CCW should I choose, but not getting them+bolters either. How about that? Grey Hunter Heavy weapons? Gag me with a spoon and call me an ultramarine.... I cant take my old options and I have to use the codex's?

Sorry, but I dont like any of that. I dont like that by the leveling projects idea of "fair" Im paying an extra 30pts for one of my standard support squads when Im already outnumbered in a fight against vanilla marines. Space Wolves are already more expensive model by model than our codex brethren. Increasing costs across the board while doing nothing to increase our abilities in any substantial manner is ludicrous.

Wed still need X HQ's, but now theyre more expensive. We still need to put bodies on the board, but now our troops cost a point more a peice and all the options they can take are more expensive than they were before unless I want just a flamer. In return we get free grenades.... its not worth it.

Ive ran five of my normal 1500-1750pt lists through the criteria that are listed in the top of that forum and each and every time I end up around 200 points over. I couldnt live with that in a competitive setting. It would barely be tolerable in a laid back friendly setting.... the kind of handicap Id expect form a special campaign style scenario.

So Johnny Wolf, tell me.... why should I like this thing?

Duh! <_<

Ok... I am going to have to ignore the presence of that page for a bit until I can put the time necessary to addressing all of the issues I have with some of the things suggested.

It seems like someone wants to turn the Space Wolves into mini-Ultramarines? Wait.. scrach that.. MORE EXPENSIVE Ultramarines.

Archived