Exorcist add ons

Mosk

Good: Dozer blades, so that they can get to a good position. Searchlight can be useful I suppose in night fighting games.

Bad: You want htem firing every turn, so smoke launchers aren't really that useful. Extra armor isn't that useful because again, you want your vehicle shooting every turn, with movement being only useful for you so make it easier for you to shoot. The Holy Icon isn't useful because of the Exorcist's long range compared to the average Sister's short range, nevermind that it's not too useful due to the Book of St. Lucius being cheaper and better. Laud Hailers aren't really that useful because you aren't going to be tank shocking with the exorcist more likely than not.

Extra armor is actually pretty useful. Being able to move so that melee attacks will not hit automatically can be pretty important. It has actually saved my exorcist on more than one occasion. Other than that I agree with Melissia, most of the upgrades for it are not too useful.

EA, nothing else. It may not be neccessary, but if you get yourself stunned then the other guy is going to get another shot at you because you can't even move away from the line of fire. With 5th. edition i'm not so sure that EA is all that important anymore. It is only 1/6 chance to hapen nowdays.

Smoke launchers are extremely cheap and in the event that the exorcist cannot fire due to Crew Shaken or Crew Stunned, the smoke launchers will help you out.

Also, due to RAW, Sisters of Battle smoke launchers convert Penetrating hits to Glancing hits.

Exorcists are one of the few vehicles which require absolutely no upgrades and should be typically kept that way. They are best fired from behind cover (not in it) so long as they can maintain LoS to the battlefield. The need to drive through Cover should be minimal if you can get a LoS shot through it, and you typically only need to move to make sure you arent firing through cover on vehicles, though usually it is just as prudent to keep that Cover save yourself.

I dont believe an Exorcist will make the most out of any upgrade. Even Searchlights are useless for them since the maximum range for firing in the first place is 36" making the missle launcher somewhat less effective, and I find putting the Searchlight on a Rhino somewhat more useful since in DoW you can scoot 6" and should be able to light up a target about 13" away, now giving your exorcists their full 48" range.

Archived