Sisters of Silence

Brother Asmodius

Yes, we know that much, but my point was that we don't know anything about them BEFORE Vandire met with them.

Geeze. Don't act like I'm some kind of noob who doesn't even know the basics of the faction, especially when I've explained it myself several times on this very forum.

Geeze, maybe he was expanding on what you said to help answer boreas's question? Not every post on the B&C is a slam on the Sisters of Battle or a personal attack at you, Mel. Take it down a notch....

Mel and Boreas do raise an interesting point though... we DON'T have any information on the Daughters of the Emperor before they were found by Vandire. Obviously they were a part of the Imperium before he found them, and they already worshipped the Emperor. The possibility that they are a descendant from the original Sisters of Silence is entirely possible. The photos of the Sisters of Silence previously listed on this thread show a weapon used in each hand.. which is a technique still practiced by the Seraphim. We know the Sisters of Battle to have anti-psyker innate protection, perhaps this is a diluted effect of years of breeding from psychic blunts?

It's an interesting possiblity that has never been stated, but it would explain multiple things. Especially since the Sisters of Silence are connected to the Custodies, and Alicia Dominca was brought before the Golden Throne by the Custodes in the Reign of Blood. It is entirely possible that the information she was shown demonstrated a connection to the Sisters of Silence? She did found the Order of the Ebon Chalice.. perhaps there's more connection there as well?

It's an idea worth thinking about.

Edit: gave credit to Boreas for posing the initial idea, sorry!

But his question didn't... bah... nevermind.

Didn't what? Didn't offer more info to the original questioner? Did he name-check you, or call you a noob, or imply he understood your pet topic better than you do?

I will say this once, and not in a combative fashion, because when you're not stirring stuff up for no reason you're a good poster who offers meaningful content here: for someone who self-admittedly posts borderline-trolly (or actively-trolly) threads in subforums you're not actually interested in just because you get bored, you can be phenomenally thin-skinned about all this. Take things a little easier and blow up at people (who are frequently not actually 'calling you out') a LOT less, and you'll probably enjoy the B&C a lot more. I'm sure you'll get mad at this post too, but I assure you that it's offered from one SoB fan to another in the spirit of the holiday and as an honest attempt to help.

No, I was referring to Boreale's question, which had to do with the origonal Daughters of the Emperor and wether or not they were connected to the Sisters of Silence. I thus had no apparent reason to believe that Tauren's response was aimed at Boreale's post. And so, I assume Tauren is responding to me, because that is the next most logical assumption because it was below mine and was at least somewhat relevant when used in the context of responding to my post. Simple logic. Don't spazz out, flintlocklaser.

Inquisitor NicolePyykkonen: The resistance to psychic effects cannot be from a "diluted effect" of having blank genetics, because the Sisters are not all biologically descended from the Daughters of the Emperor (in fact, it is fair to say that most Sisters do not have children at all, and are taken in as orphans).

A fair point Mel, that is what happens currently to the Sisters of Battle.. but it's possible that the order known as the Daughters of the Emperor before Vandire found them were descendants is what I meant to say. We don't know about how the Daughters had their numbers or where their numbers were from.

I didn't mean to imply that every current Sister of Battle is a direct descendant of the Sisters of Silence, at least not in a physical sense. I was adding a few observations in terms of game effects based on what was previously stated and finding correlations.

No, I was referring to Boreale's question, which had to do with the origonal Daughters of the Emperor and wether or not they were connected to the Sisters of Silence. I thus had no apparent reason to believe that Tauren's response was aimed at Boreale's post. And so, I assume Tauren is responding to me, because that is the next most logical assumption because it was below mine and was at least somewhat relevant when used in the context of responding to my post. Simple logic. Don't spazz out, flintlocklaser.

It was, of course, also relevant to boreas's question, and it delivered much more info than your post gave, so it would be logical to say he was expanding on your answer for boreas's benefit - much more logical than accusing him of calling you a noob, which is a bizzare direction for your response to head in. Similarly, my post was an attempt at reaching out towards you, since I've seen you blow up at someone who wasn't targeting you before (and actually that time, you realized what you'd done and were polite and appreciative of me pointing it out). Sorry about trying to help you out, I'll let you get back to shrieking at people who try and lend you a hand!

While it is possible that this is where that gorup was descended from, it just doesn't work as an explaination when every Sister of Battle, from the one recruited on the eastern frienge to the one recruited in the Macharius Worlds on the western fringe, also gain this. That is to say, unlike the Sisters of Silence, the Sisters o Battle are resistant through the power of faith (thus why the effect is called "Shield of Faith").

Oh, right! Does anyone know what exactly happened to the Sisters of Silence, and how or if they were disbanded?

flintlocklaser: Just... stop. The way you're wording things in that post comes off as sexist, and I don't want to report it because I don't think you intend it.

Well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I was honestly trying to be helpful here, as I've seen you get in semi-serious mod trouble over stuff like this before, but I've clearly made this situation worse. I'll say this, then quit hijacking the thread - Mel, you have some very, very good stuff to offer the board (you and I had a really good discussion of the fluff-reasoning behind the Repentias that I felt was informative both to us and to other posters as well) and I was honestly trying to help out here. There was an almost identical incident a while ago, where I pointed out the misunderstanding that was going on between you and another poster and things worked out very well; clearly this didn't happen this time.

I apologize to the Inquisition forum for derailing the thread, I apologize to the mods for raising a fuss, and I apologize to you, Melissia, because I was honestly not trying to be consescending or combative.

EDIT TO ADD: I saw you'd edited your last post Mel, so let me address that too. Sexism has nothing to do with what I was trying to do; I know you've had problems with the mods in the past and that's what I was hoping to steer you away from. You could argue that it was me being paternalistic in the sense that I was taking it on myself to try and help keep that from happening, but I assure you that gender had nothing to do with it. And again, my apology stands.

Could this be a whole mess up by GW? That somehow, those two ideas that were very similar were incorporated into the 40k fluff at different times by different persons and got somehow disconnected in the "official" time-continuum? I wonder if we could see this changed in a future codex.

Phil

Archived