Raiders of The Veil

Epic Thoughts

Thank you all for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated. It's amazing how a little praise can really spur you on.

AkiraCho- Take a look at my thread in WIP part. I'm currently priming a Lord, and I'm rather happy with the work so far.

Conor- Beyond the typical 'water down your paints' and 'use multiple coatings', my best suggestion for the gold is to stay away from Shining Gold. I abhor the color. It's far too orange, and far too pulpy for my own tastes. In all honesty, I'm using "Folk Art- Metallic Anique Gold" number 658. I picked up a 2 fl. oz. (GW paint pots are 0.4 fl. oz.) at a major U.S. retailer for less then one dollar, American. I prefer the more yellow coloring, and I think it's a better quality paint. Honestly, I think most of Folk Art's metallic line is superior to GW's. Too bad I can't say the same for their pastel range.

Well, based on the fact that those are some of the best painted Night Lords i've seen in a while, i'm going to have to really nitpick. I would have used a pin vice to bore a hole for the bolter. Also, if they're Night Lords, then where's the lightning bolts?

Archived