GKs Chaplains, Help with Uniform Please !

bareserker

I am planing to do a grey Knights Chaplain for the Golden Demons, I thought it would make a nice change.

I have read the Alaric novels from black library and they make reference to a guy in Black armour ,and I think ( I might be imaging it )lightning claws.

Can my learned brethren please give me some guidance ?

That had been a GK Chaplain named Durendin. His Terminator armour had been in the same color then every other GK with the exception of one arm, which had been black as a badge of his duty. And yes he had twin lightning claws and a skull faced helmet.

Thanks guys for the prompt reply ! I am thrilled about the Lightning claws, I will add a Crozious to his belt probably.

Is it also correct that in book 2 his armour is described as being ALL Black ?.

GOD bless ...........V & HAPPY CHRISTmas

Technically a nemesis force weapon is simply a weapon crafted of special material, so lightning claws of the special psychically attuned material could work... That said I personally would go with a crozius with a gilded daemon-skull covered in iconery.

Additionally I still think the helm should be converted, atleast the knightly lower jaw to tie him to the army with the skull on top.

If I were you I would make his right arm the black one and have it start metallic black wielding his weapon, then at about elbow slowly do free-hand gilding that turns into silver, this disconnects the purpose of the arm from him as a whole, while retaining the purity of the knights and their unpainted armor... ever better if you could do a freehand skull on the gauntlet of the hand. In this way the chaplain is not to punish or watch the knights, who are beyond questioned purity but rather to bring the vengeful wrath of the emperor on the enemy with his weaponed hand.

If your looking for a good helm idea look in the back of the Daemonhunter Codex. There is a particular GK in red armor, and the top of his helm is done out like a head or maybe a skull... Not certain there but it could work for ya.

IMHO keep with the one arm black. Having the armor completely black would make it look like it was just a "normal" chaplain with fancy armor. Do the same arm as the chapter symbol black. It'll look good that way.

As for the lightning claws I have an idea for you to make them stand out. Use plasticard and make a panel to cover where the blades come out. What I mean is make it look something like brass knuckles subtle but noticeble... then the real kicker is that you add words to them like the GK's often have on everything. It will look Sweet! And make him more Gk than SM. I wish I could show a picture of some sort but this hasn't been done before.

=]D[=

Inquisitor =D= Posted Today, 06:17 PM

If your looking for a good helm idea look in the back of the Daemonhunter Codex. There is a particular GK in red armor, and the top of his helm is done out like a head or maybe a skull... Not certain there but it could work for ya.

p48? GK Terminator by John Blanche?

Inquisitor =D= Posted Today, 06:17 PM

p48? GK Terminator by John Blanche?

Thats the one! ;)

Archived