Chaos - Demons - W/h Chaos - More Demons

blood_raven_240

Hey,

I don't understand how everything works when it comes to Bloodletters, and Chaos Space Marines... I mean, since they're in Codex: Demons, do they need to be drafted in under Allied rules if I want some Bloodletters in my CSM army? Or is that totally impossible anyway?

I just don't get it... :confused:

You can't have daemons from C:D in a CSM army. You can have generic lesser daemons in your CSM army, using hte rules in C:CSM. You may use the same models, but not the same rules, unless you play apocalypse (or use renegade imperial guard from forgeworld apparently, but that's a bit confusing, so ignore this bit).

Yeah sorry. Chaos no longer has named Daemons like Bloodletters, Daemonettes, and the like. They know have "Lesser" and "Greater" Daemons, which the stats are available for in your Chaos codex. Using the daemons from Codex: Daemons is not allowed.

We can always hope that they'll put out something to update the cruddy little Chaos codex that allows them to be used, but in the meantime the Bloodthirster, Plaguebearers, Daemonettes, Fiends, etc, are all Daemon Army only, and cannot be used in a Chaos Space Marine army.

They hate all

So they hate the demons that they partially become extremely alike with? In all the CSM books I've read, they seem to get pretty excited about it. Seems to me they should be allowed to ally with Demons?

Outside of Tournaments, though... is there any way? I mean, if you're just playing for fun... you could ally them, right?

No reason you can't collect both armies, you'll be able to use models from your daemon army as generic daemons in your CSM army, so it'll be reasonably cheap to get both armies going. That's what I plan to do, going to start Deathguard next year sometime and use my plaguebearers to bulk up my forces until I have a decent CSM army going.

Archived