Color Schemes for Inq. Stormtroopers?

embuchho

Anyone know of any good, well-thought-out images of inquisitorial stormtroopers?

The best I could come up with on the internet is a tan/bone cloth, red piping, and black armor.

Red cloth and black armor looked okay but I'm looking for some alternatives still.

Thanks.

The typical colours used through out the =][= (even for SoB/GK) is red, black and white with gold and silver trimmings.

Virtually all examples you'll find in published works will follow this pattern.

Of course, you don't have to.

My Inquisitorial Stormtroopers have a red under suit (all the cloth), with black carapace armor, with a white =][= on the right shoulder pad, and a unit number on the left shoulder pad. The hellguns are Dark Angel Green, with Ice Blue lenses and goggles (all the glass). I think the effect comes out rather striking... it's actually based off the pictures from the Daemon Hunters codex. I use the metal Kasrkin models for the Inquisitorial Stormtroopers.

Well I suppose I can do more than list colours, ok here are my 3 colour schemes:

GK based forces:

Silver armour with gold trim, Red cloth with white and black scroll work.

SoB forces:

White armour with black trim, Red cloth with silver and gold scroll work.

=][= forces:

Black armour with silver and gold trim, white cloth with red scroll work.

I use what follows:

- Scab Red battledress.

- Chaos Black armour

- Skull White rebreather.

- Cobalt Blue (Pactra) goggles with Ice Blue trim.

- Chaos Black backpack with Boltgun Metal elements

- Skull White sergeant's thigh insignia.

- Hellguns are Chaos Black with a lot of red/blue spots for the "opto-electronics".

The idea came roughly from: http://www.minivault.com/Stormtroopers.htm

My Inquisition mainly uses black, red, bronze, and silver, although they focus on the black and red. My Grey Knights use the same colours, but focus on the bronze. Anyway, here are some pictures:

Inq+Retinue, Storm Troopers, and others

Storm Trooper close-up

Storm Trooper back

(my apology for the picture quality)

I paint mine with purple cloth (I'm basically replacing red with purple for my army), dark gray carapace (it matches my gray knight armor coloring), and gunmetal (think a blued steel look) weapons. Arctic blue for all lenses (including the helmet visors). Extras like ammo packs, ammo feed lines, etc. are black, with all skulls or eagles in gold. Finally, a few select spots are silver (especially the barrels on grenade launchers, which helps make them more distinguishable from regular ISTs given the dark weapon color scheme).

I also use some grenade launcher Kasrkin for my three acolytes, with the weapons sort of cut up to make them look like multi-barrelled guns (to represent stormbolter and carapace acolytes). I paint the weapon barrel silver on these two, but in a different way from the grenade launchers. Their carapace is also gunmetal, to match the inquisitor lord's terminator armor.

I'm not the best painter by any means, so I try to keep things relatively simple with the complicated minute details kept to a minimum.

Archived