Apoc Sisters

Mosk

I have the following:

1 Landraider w/ lascannons

Witch Hunter Reutine (I have a ton of stuff I use, I can do a full capped out squad of just crusaders that I has ocnverted, or use 8 servitors)

1 Living Saint

1 Cannoness (Magnetized so I cna change it around)

12 priests ( I had fun converting)

9 dealth Cult Assassins.

9 sisters repentia w/ 1 mistress

46 sisters of battle (w/ 4 storm bolters, 2 melta, 4 flamers) (these are regular sisters not ones that would be used as retributers or dominions)

24 Arbites/storm troopers (with a total of 16 regular ones, 2 flamers, 2 GL, 2 plasma guns, 2 meltas)

20 zealots

5 Seraphem

20 dominions - (two squads set up with 4 meltas each or I could do 4 flamers if needed in one)

10 rhinos all together that are magnetized so I can change them around (I can make up to 2 exorcists, 2 immolators (any variety) and 6 rhinos (which generally have 2 dominion squads, and then 2 for the arbites, and 2 for the sisters of battle, with 1 large 20 count foot slogging sisters atleast this is how they are on display)

(oh an btw almost all of my army is not painted, I gotta just paint it.)

3 penitent engines

Now with that being said, At my club we play apoc games about once a month on a scheduled time. We play as teams, where we have the Imperium vs the Xenos and chaos generally.

We alot of times have 3 players on each team, with each player having about 2000 points. With what I have I can make an army above 2000 points. What would for a non competive list, going up agianst a ton of gaunts in a tyranid army, and a ton of regular orks (this guy runs a ton regular ork boyz just a ton, ) and then a few necron armies, and a few chaos armies (which run a ton of termies) and then 1 tau army? Non of these lists are cheezed out, they are all fun lists to go up against. So what would be some of the units that are a must keep.

There is a special Exorcist formation that you might want to look into. Likewise, there's a special Seraphim formation as well. I think I found them in a White Dwarf once, but sorry- can't remember which one exactly...

Melissia Posted Today, 07:47 PM

There is a special Exorcist formation that you might want to look into. Likewise, there's a special Seraphim formation as well. I think I found them in a White Dwarf once, but sorry- can't remember which one exactly...

They're definitely not in WD. I have all of them since WD 284 (sad, I know), well before Apoc was released. So far, they have done Liber Apocalyptica: Chaos and Liber Apocalyptica: Armageddon. No SoB stuff.

You might want to try the GW website, I find the new one impossible to navigate so they may well be on there. Even before the new site there were lots of datasheets on there that don't appear anywhere else.

If you get the reload book, there is a sisters strategic asset called "Holy War" which gives all sisters the Rage and Relentless special rules if you are in the enemies deployment zone or no man's land.

Also, if you have 3 or more Land Raiders you can take the Armored Spearhead formation throw on some extra armor and ignore all damage rolls of 1-2 for penetrating hits, and 1-4 for glances.

Finally, there is also the execution squad of assassins. Multiple Callidi extends the range of word in your ear - and although pricey, if you thought one was fun: imagine up to 6 ;)

I am also a huge fan of flank march - especially if you can take units with high model count (10-20). Put a bunch of sisters in their backfield, add in a couple of good acts of faith and this could be devastating.

Overall though - I feel your pain - the inquisition doesn't get a lot of love in Apoc :)

As with everything WH, and Inquisition in general, we get very little love from GW. With Apoc games I used to find that Rhinos get smoked early on, so I started using the OH Strike Force list that Andy Hoare created in WD 40/50, and updated by the guys over on the BoSL Forum.

SoB units in Drop Pods is a great delivery system for them as they get into the guts of the fight real quick, and safely to boot. I usually ally with a shooty force so it ends up been a balanced hard hitting list. Plus...PE's in a DP = pure bliss.

With your list most of your stuff wouldn't be out of place, although I would (especially) give ALL the c/c units a transport so they get into assault asap. The Seraphim squad of 5 is too small to have much of an impact, even with St. Celestine leading them (imo).

Overall though I find Mech WH is a great way to play Apoc, let alone standard 40K.

Sorry Melissia and everyone else but there is no single offical data sheet for the Sisters.

We have one stratergem which IMHO is absolutely useless anyway and the Assassins and Grey Knights are the only two datasheets around with only the Assassin one being useful. (Letting the enemy control my guys because the Daemons have yet to show up or they just got smoked. Yeah, ok. Do you hate us GW?)

However, from what I understand we will get some 'Sometime soon', if that could get any more vague.

the Assassins and Grey Knights are the only two datasheets around with only the Assassin one being useful. (Letting the enemy control my guys because the Daemons have yet to show up or they just got smoked. Yeah, ok. Do you hate us GW?)

Even worse. Take two Redeemer forces and they fight each other. :jaw: ;)

As to the Sisters Datasheets, I believe there are some down in the Homegrown Apoc Datasheets forum. :jaw:

Archived