What to buy next

General_Drazz

So, after this wonderful Holiday season, I was gifted a few Virtual Gift Cards for GW and have decided to expand my favorite army over my Orks. Below is what I have.

St. Celestine

Cannoness (currently ith Evis and IP arms in use)

36 Battle Sisters w/ Bolters

6 Battle Sisters w/ Flamers

4 Battle Sisters w/ Storm Bolters

1 Battle Sister w/ Melta

2 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Bolters

2 Battle Sisters w/ Multi Meltas

4 VSS w/ Plasma Pistol/Evisc ( from the BS box sets )

1 VSS w/ Mace/Combi weapon

1 VSS w/ Sword/Bolter

1 VSS w/ Presidium Protectiva

1 Standard bearer sister

2 Seraphim W/ Twin Hand Flamers

6 Seraphim w/ Twin Bolt Pistols

2 Seraphim VSS w/ Sword/bolt pistol

1 Seraphim VSS w/ Evisc/bolt pistol

9 Repentia w/ 1 Repentia Mistress

2 x Rhino

1 x Immolator

2 x Exorcist Tanks (pipe organ version)

I want to expand on this listing, but really am unsure if I should just buy more Battle Sisters, or if I should expand into the Witch Hunter listings as well. Any opinions/suggestions would be most appreciative.

Also, I am a practitioner of the Kill it with Fire method of Sisters building.

I am assuming that you run two squads of sisters in a rhino? If this is so, I would recommend shaaking hands with two more rhinos, and mount up all your sisters. After this I would go buy your self a living saint, this is an awesome fig. Very decent in close hand combat. After this you have some choices. You only have 1 fast attack squad. You could either pick up some more seraphem, or (my personal favorite, but by no means the best choice) pick up another rhino, and either purchase the repressor set from forgeworld, or convert your repressor, and mount up 4 meltas (this would require you to buy more meltas) and 6 regular sisters, and go tank hunting or termi hunting. After this I would pick up 4 heavy bolters. Mount these heavy bolters in your immolator:)

Now you have a fairly ballanced sisters of battle list :)

I would personally wait on getting the witch hunters stuff, unless you wanna pick up the reutine because its awesoe, but word from all three owners of the three clubs near my house, ssay that the Imperial Guard are being redone half way to the end of 2009, this will include, a new bane blade set that is very customizable (6 diff varients I think), a valkyrie, and storm troopers/ shock troopers. The current storm troopers are awesome, and I have found them to always be my most effective unit, as my opponents always go after my zealots or sisters, so mounting up with two flamers, two GL, or two meltas, or a mix of these, they are able to do quite a bit of damage, even to space marines (though the shot guns dont do much)

I have a witch hunter army. One thing you must know about the witch hunters, is that you could possibly get destroyed utterly, if going up against a cheezed out list (especially new 5th edition marines) Sisters of battle armies, I have found are probably more effective as a whole, then witch hunter armies, but arbites are amazing, shotguns, though agianst space marines is not always the best, still rock! The Sisters bolters are much better, but a witch hunter force is fairly interesting, as no one has witch hunters, everyone runs sisters of battle armies.

So in conclusion, do what ever you want, I just gave some of my suggestions.

i'd get a 2nd immolator and another box of sisters to run double dominion squads, which could potentially open up a HS slot. if you keep the dominions small you could still run at least 3 solid troop choices and fatten up the foot sloggers. i'd also go for a few heavy flamer models too.

I agree with getting another 2 heavy bolter sisters - then camp that squad in an Immolator.

Pick up another two Seriphim with hand flamers, and clip off the feeder bulbs to convert them into inferno pistols. This will allow to to field alternative versions of your serphim squad as either tank hunters or infantry hunters.

As said though you have a good balanced force.

If you are looking to expand your Witchhunter side:

a priest (or two)

Pentinent Engines (fun to model and good to look at) (or three - really scares opponents)

A female inquisitor is good with a Landraider transport and

Plasma cannon servitor (or two)

Couple more of support squad to help with BS skill for the squad, along with wounds in case your Inquisitior is hit

one each of the various assassins (also scares the crud out of opponents - can we say fear factor).

Good luck

Noooo, don't camp them IN the immolator. Camp them next to it so that they can use all the heavy bolters at once. If the squad is inside, you might as well only have a single heavy bolter, as that's all you could fire out of the immolator (one fire point)

Noooo, don't camp them IN the immolator. Camp them next to it so that they can use all the heavy bolters at once. If the squad is inside, you might as well only have a single heavy bolter, as that's all you could fire out of the immolator (one fire point)

Sorry, mis-stated, should have said, purchase with.

You then place your heavy squad of Heavy Bolters in a terrain piece that is in your deployment zone, that has a great field of vision of a majority of the playing field (ie cover save for your squad), and then your immolator which is parked nearby can go hunting by itself!!! It only takes up a single force slot (initially), but serves two purposes. Melissa is quite correct that there are few situations to start your Retributor squad in the wagon, as it will take you an entire turn to unload and make them useful.

Currently I run the following Army.

HQ - JP Cannoness tank Hunter (Evisc/IP, the usual dressings for wargear)

HQ - Saint Celastine (Living Saint) tied to my Seraphim Squad

Troops - 2 x Battle Sisters with VSS rhino Mounted 2 x Flamers

Troops - 3 x Battle Sisters (9) w/ VSS, Foot Slogging, 2@ 2 x Storm Bolters, 1@ 2 x Flamers

FA - Seraphim (7) w/ VSS, 2 x hand flamers

Heavy - 2 x Exorcist

Heavy - Retributor Squad (5) with VSS, 1x Bolter, 2 x Hvy Bolter, 2 x Multimelta, Immolator Mounted w/ TL Multi Melta

My main opponent is a Deathwing player, thus the heavy MM usage.

I was considering a pair of Rhinos, and another Exorcist, but would rarely field 3 Exos.

Would love to field more Seraphim, but where to free up points? I guess I could drop one of the troops.

If you are going to run Repentia you should add more to them as they don't soak up fire well.

Funny enough, I used to have 19 of them, but traded away 9 due to the fact that unless they get some kind of a fix, they will never hit the table again. Really is a shame, because they are some of my favorite models, and they are useless on a battlefield when they will chase a bike around the board.

Archived