Forgefather Vulkan

Exhumed

I saw Ein's sicarius conversion for Vulkan and decided to have a go at it myself. I don't normally use much greenstuff but I am pleased with how the cloak turned out. The spear is made from a power axe and a warhammer fantasy ork spear. Some poor sod in my army lost his head cos I couldn't find a helmet I liked, so his got donated. With a knife.

As usual, crappy camera phone pics. It actually took much better pictures using its own flash, rather than lighting the model from a lamp. But they're still poo.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/Chimpanzor/vulk.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/Chimpanzor/vulkc.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/Chimpanzor/vulkb.jpg

He's going to have a coat of the shiney sealant stuff soon but that would have ruined the picture even more, hence its not on there yet, neither is the base done.

Critique welcome.

I think the cloak would look better with bigger scales,more like the cloak is the scales not scales on a cloak.

there seems to be parts of the models that only got a drop of paint and you didn't paint the whole part.

it may be the camera but alot of the green just melds together and it is hard to discern detail.

Good job, im afraid of greenstuff, I dont want to screw up a perfect model with bad ability... and its 10 bucks i dont have!

I kinda like the whole red/green contrast thing. Usually my green for salamanders is darker, using a snot green/watered dark angels mix, but for characters I do two layers of snot and highlight scorpion. I likes it.

Stupid flash on the camera showed up all the unpainted recesses that I couldn't see under normal conditions. Feh...

I like the model and painting both. I'm not a fan of the cape, but then I've never seen any cape on a Vulcan that I didn't think was ridiculous. Its in the model, the idea of having a cape made of scales is goofy.

it's more like a skin made of ... lizard skin ;) It makes plenty sense if you read the salamanders fluff. More so than space wolves wearing wolf pelts. (I mean, some wolf lords have their wolf friends running around with them on the battlefield. Do the little doggies ever look up at the space marines and think "hang on just a gosh darned second, that bloke is wearing my second cousin twice removeds fur as a coat! that's just not on!" and then bites the guys arm off?)

On a more topical note, my Vulkan had his first game on thursday night, versus a khorne demon army. After butchering most of a bloodletter squad he then lost two wounds to the one remaining letter. High embarressing. He finished off the letter next turn and spent the rest of the game hiding in a ruin (as there weren't many of his mates left to back him up B) )

• 1 month later...
Remeber vulkan hestan is oldddd, he is not the forgefather for nothing, if i were you i'd make him look more grimmer darker up the colors especailly the scales ohh and instead of eagel heads on the backpack put dragon heads, but this is my suggestion, but good work on what you done..

Archived