Damascus 40k blog :D

BrotherDamascus

Hey

Those marines look hench!! Commander Vypus is one scary mofo.He looks like a seriously bad dude,do not make him angry XD.

I cant wait to see them painted!!

Keep us posted

From

The Red Dragon

Cheers very much guys ^_^

gotta agree Captain Malachi, the pose is very odd XD it started out as a 'finger off the trigger' pose with something in the right hand...but the only thing i had left was another bolt pistol XD ill try to swap it for a better one if i find my bitsbox...

Hubernator - Cheers mate ;) The Champion is probably my favourite too :lol:

thanks Terminatorinhell, i cant wait to see how the commander turns out :D i spend about 3 wgole hours getting rif of the UM symbols :)

Cheers Red-Dragon im thinking of getting some form of cables to improve the Chain-Lance thing :D

thanks for the C&C guys :P

<<Damascus>>

Hey

Yeah,i think a few cables will really set off the chain lance.Perhaps a bass string,coming from the end of the handle into the backpack. Perhaps a larger string such as E string or maybe a B from a 5 string bass then a few smaller strings around it.

Just a little idea.

From

The Red Dragon

That lance with the twin chainblades on it reminds me a lot of the funky dude from gears of war 2 (good game BTW)... that aside, love the name of the champion! :huh:

I like the name Blood Scorpions and it's very sharp scheme you've, although I personally prefer the pale blue bolter casings to black. The conversions are very sharp and I look forward to seeing them painted.

Regarding your chapter symbol, something that I've found very useful for ideas is to Google tattoo designs. Give "scorpion tattoo designs" a shot. You might find one or two (or twelve) that get the creative juices flowing. ;) (I've got a back burner chapter that I've been playing with called the Golden Scorpions so I already know that you'll find a huge number of very intrigueing scorpion designs using this search.)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the helpful advise all!

i've pretty much got the design done, and thankfully i managed to finish the marksman (save symbol and basing, to be done at the end in one batch) and half an apothecary!

woo :)

pics to come on the Marksman soon guys!

<<Damascus>>

Another Mini update for everyone:

-'Wierd pose marine' has been replaced :D yaay

-Marksman and apothecary finished, Commander nearly done

-Commander's had a backpack swap...let me explain. I now officialy hate filing down ultramarines symbols, so im not using Sicarius' backpack. im busting out the AoBR Commanders backpack & banner instead.

• 1 month later...

Hey

They look awesome dude,really badass!! Looks like someone got hit right in the Heraldry though ;) Commander Vypus is really well done man,he looks even more of a bad mo fo now that hes painted. keep up the good work

From

The Red Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

thanks very much! those are my favourites too, i only regret rushing them too much..

i've managed to buy myself a few things, and plan to undercoat and begin paininting a drop pod soon - Viva metallica style!

stay tuned <_<

<<Damascus>>

• 1 month later...

Hi again all! :angry:

looks like we have another Call!

i've pledged to finish a drop pod, Cronus and a Tac / assault squad (money permitting!)

alas, no camera for a few weeks! so you'll have to have worded updates :angry:

so, the pod and chronus have been built, im just waiting for teh go ahead on the 13th :angry:

Archived