What assasin would you recomend?

HelbrechtBT

Woah! That's stretching things a bit!

Edit: It's like (bad example, but first to mind..) saying Artificer Armour gives the Relentless rule like Terminator Armour Does, becuase it's has a 2+ armour save, which Terminator Armour has.

:D Heh, good one.

Seriously though, thats not the same argument. I'm arguing that if you read the entry in the 'Assault section', you'll see the neural gauntlet fits all the criteria. In order to claim the bonuses from 'Relentless', you actually need the 'Relentless' USR or wargear/special rules that grant you the 'Relentless' USR. Artificer clearly doesn't.

I can argue against that because the rules of the Consecrated Weapon state that they always wound on a 4+ or better if strength would allow them to score on a 3+ or 2+. Which means that point 1 doesn't also apply.

Ontop of that, the Neural Gauntlet also glances a vehicles on a to-hit roll of a 6.

I just realised it's actually called an 'Anointed weapon' (facepalm) must be thinking of WH's. Anyway...

Yeah, I think the Anointed weapon actually isn't a poisioned weapon, re-reading the entry. Cos it does rely on a Strength vs Toughness comparison, for determining whether you use the 'always 4+' mechanic or a better roll (ie Daemonette is T3, Grey Knight Hero is S4, so he wounds on a 3+ using normal 'to wound' chart).

As for the neural gauntlet, harming vehicles and ignoring armour saves doesn't change it's 'poisioned status'. They're additional characteristics to the weapon added by the codex. And as we know, Codex > BRB, so it doesn't invalidate a neural gauntlet getting re-rolls to wound against T4 or less. The neural gauntlet fufills all the criteria for being a poisioned weapon; it's bonus against vehicles is a codex add-on to the generic rule of 'poisioned weapons don't grant any special bonus against vehicles normally '.

So by your logic, Darius, wraithcannons wound on a 2+ with no armour saves and rerolls to wound on models with T5 and under.

That must mean all sniper weapons reroll.

Revenant titan sonic lances, as well.

The list goes on.

So by your logic, Darius, wraithcannons wound on a 2+ with no armour saves and rerolls to wound on models with T5 and under.

That must mean all sniper weapons reroll.

Revenant titan sonic lances, as well.

The list goes on.

Nope, because they're all guns. The 're-rolls to wound if normal Strength > or = enemy's Toughness' bonus only applies to poisioned close-combat weapons.

I've used a Vindicare in my last two games as I'm switching from pure GK to Radical DHs. I'll use him a third time next weekend. So far I'm enjoying him.

Maybe other temples are mucho bene, I have no comparison yet. Here's my report from the front:

He took out 2 Slanesh-Marines with the big Guitars, saving some Tanks/troops from AP3 STR8 blasts of doom.

Then he horribly failed sniping (horray for 1's to hit) his turbo-penetrator round at a chaos terminator lord with two wounds left and brutally got his ass handed to him on a khornish bloodfeeder silver platter with +2d6 Attacks in the next assault phase. Should've run, but it just looked so heroic...in my playbook.

In another game, he sniped a dark reaper exarch and blew up a wave serpent trying to steal the objective. (I love the Turbo-Penetrator. I so wanted one for christmas. :) )

But he also horribly failed to wound a farseer with his special no inv-save bullet, then I tried again next round and he horribly failed to even hit. I was still satisfied with him blowing up that tank and taking out that exarch, however.

So, on average, he did 2 important and spectacular hollywood sniper-movie-worthy things per game. Just have him do something important each round and he should do at least one thing good. That's erm, my statistics however.

So agonizers get rerolls?

Yeah, I don't have the DE codex in front of me, but IIRC they have pretty much the same wording as the neural gauntlet. So long as it says 'wounds on fixed value, I don't care about Strength vs Toughness', it should work.

He took out 2 Slanesh-Marines with the big Guitars, saving some Tanks/troops from AP3 STR8 blasts of doom.

Then he horribly failed sniping (horray for 1's to hit) his turbo-penetrator round at a chaos terminator lord with two wounds left and brutally got his ass handed to him on a khornish bloodfeeder silver platter with +2d6 Attacks in the next assault phase. Should've run, but it just looked so heroic...in my playbook.

Damn, how did that Lord get so close in the first place? Did he Deepstrike or jump out a Rhino or something?

In another game, he sniped a dark reaper exarch and blew up a wave serpent trying to steal the objective. (I love the Turbo-Penetrator. I so wanted one for christmas. wub.gif )

But he also horribly failed to wound a farseer with his special no inv-save bullet, then I tried again next round and he horribly failed to even hit. I was still satisfied with him blowing up that tank and taking out that exarch, however.

Yeah, thats probably the most annoying part about the Vindicare, that he only wounds on a 4+, so it's pretty easy to screw up his shots. And yeah, Turbo-Penetrator actually lives up to it's name when you snipe armour; any 6's you roll on the 3D6 gets you another D3 (each time, so up to 3xD3 bonus if you roll triple 6). So, with one or two 6's on the Turbo round, you can potentially blow up a Landraider (Monolith ignores Rending bonus so you're down to relying on the normal 3D6 against it).

So, on average, he did 2 important and spectacular hollywood sniper-movie-worthy things per game. Just have him do something important each round and he should do at least one thing good. That's erm, my statistics however.

I think that pretty much sums up the Vindicare. He sometimes does 1-2 spectacular shots in an average game, but for most of the rest he's just plinking away without effect.

Damn, how did that Lord get so close in the first place? Did he Deepstrike or jump out a Rhino or something?

True on both. The guy actually teleported on table with the Rhino, then lept out of it on his Khorne Mount on Terminator Armour and charged my Vindicare.

I wanted to take the cinematic dead-eye shot, but it didn't work, so I only reaped ownage.

So, from lack of experience with other stuff, I'd recommend the Vindicare.

He can snipe off one thing that you want to be gone (a nifty model with a big weapon, eg a Noise Marine) and can try his luck

with vehicles.

He's versatile, I'd say that's a plus.

But that's true, the Vindicare will do you some stuff in a game, saving you losses that could seriously hurt your game.

True on both. The guy actually teleported on table with the Rhino, then lept out of it on his Khorne Mount on Terminator Armour and charged my Vindicare.

:D Holy Throne, thats illegal on about 3 levels

Ok next time he pulls that, direct him to the armoury and the Lord entries;

'Juggernaut of Khorne: ...The model cannot be carried in transports, exactly as if it was a Cavalry model'

pg. 86, Codex: Chaos Space Marines

'Chaos Lord:....May instead replace all wargear with Terminator armour....in this case he may only choose options from the following list'

pg. 92, Codex: Chaos Space Marines

Also, you can't Deepstrike a Rhino onto the table, because it doesn't have the Deepstrike rule.

So, to summarise, he cheated on at least five counts;

1. Deepstriking a transport that can't Deepstrike

2. Placed the Lord inside a transport when the rules for the Juggernaut don't allow him to be transported

3. Combined a Mount with Terminator armour when the unit entry forbids it

4. Charged after Deepstriking (which is illegal unless you have a special rule, like Vanguard or Lesser Daemons)

5. Charged out of a transport (unless you're open-topped or a Landraider, this is also illegal)

I would also suspect that he tried to claim a 12" charge range because he thought the Juggernaut changed the Lord's unit type to Cavalry. If he did do that (in addition to his already long list of broken rules), remind him that the Juggernaut only prevents you from embarking the Lord inside a transport; it doesn't actually change his unit type to Cavalry.

So, from lack of experience with other stuff, I'd recommend the Vindicare.

You should give the Eversor a go. He's pretty much the exact opposite of the Vindicare (he's a close-combat god), but he's fun and crazy to use. He'll also tear most things apart before they can kill him (you need I6 to slap him down before he unleashes the rage of 4+D6 attacks on the charge).

I can't remember the exact wording, but I think that as long as you don't give the inqusitor any psychic powers he can be taken. I'm fairly sure it says "may not take allies with psychic powers...." or something like that.

Not sure, but the FAQ says that even inquisitors without psychic powers count as psykers.

Vindicare. Take out the leader units, let the rest of the troops steamroll.

On average, the Vindicare (assuming he fires all game at a single target) will inflict only 1-2 unsaved wounds. He's simply not worth the effort.

I still like my multiple Death Cult Assassins... but apparently I'm unique or something happy.gif

No, I do the same with my Malleus Strikeforce :teehee: they're 'bodyguards' for the Eversor (the KP issue hasn't really come up, the army has so few KP's to begin with it's not a problem for me). I'm considering dropping them (and the IST's) for a third squad of PAGK with psycannons, but I might have a few more games before that. They haven't failed me yet (although they usually die).

I still like my multiple Death Cult Assassins... but apparently I'm unique or something happy.gif

No, I do the same with my Malleus Strikeforce <_< they're 'bodyguards' for the Eversor (the KP issue hasn't really come up, the army has so few KP's to begin with it's not a problem for me). I'm considering dropping them (and the IST's) for a third squad of PAGK with psycannons, but I might have a few more games before that. They haven't failed me yet (although they usually die).

Mine haven't failed me either, and they always die.. I just view it as did they accomplish their objective, not did they live -_-

Archived