Let them eat fluff

rangemaster

Hello

Over the past few months I've gotten super pissed off because I couldn't find or think of space wolves fluff. Naturally if you say something, someone else will beef about it. so, My plan and challenge to all you sons of Russ is to create 13 treads on B&C and write a basic history of each company. I personally have an army of Morkai's so I could start there. what I'm trying to do is bring together any scattered knowlage on the wolves together and write a background for a chapter that deserves to know where it came from. Please except my challenge to you and your army will perhaps benefit from it.

here is what I know so far for what it's worth....

space wolves were convinced by horus to attack the 10k sons. this sealed their aligment to chaos.

space wolves have beef with the dark angels cuz Russ brawled the DA primarch.

according to the codex the thousand sons werealready evil when the space wolves fought them...

they have survived times of anarchy and isolation by their own imperium

they serve only the emperor and russ and no one else not even the high lords of terra

They have fought in more campaigns than any other space marine chapter

to have a pack of fenrisian wolves follow you, you need to kill the leader on a great hunt.

the sw use wulfen in their armies, not just in 13th company (he is marked by a rune priest and is independent)

Fenris is hot in summer, cold in winter. extremely.

there are kraken and dragons on fenris

the space wolves have had several encounters with the orks and ragnar killed bozag khan.

that's what I got so far. please help out...

You say you cant find fluff??? No offence but this post is bunk.

Obviously you havent perused the numerous posts and threads and posted links to huge amounts of fluff just within the SW forum.

I have book marks of pages of fluff on almost all of the 13 Companies. Spend a few hours using the search feature and enlighten yourself.

Some of the older members here have put a lot of work into compiling this stuff and its a bit of a slap not looking for it.

Maybe not on this or other forums, but the paperbacks available from the Black Library or Amazon and such have books specifically dedicated to Space Wolves. Copyright infringement would preclude anyone from doing a scan/copy and paste onto a forum or other such (with the possible exception of exerpts) for public consumption.

Perhaps things aren't ever easy enough for some that may require spoon feeding or teet nursing, but that is just speculative on my part. Do a little homework, please. It'll serve you well and the more dilligent you are, the MORE knowledgable you will become.

Come now!, sure Rangemaster could have done a little more research on his own, but this is hardly the welcome we are used to giving to those who seek knowledge from the Fang.

Sure let the guy know where he can find the information so as to get him started in the right direction, but I know you are all capable of doing it in a more constructive way.

WG Vrox

Thank you WG Vorx

I looked in the librarium and found some useful info, but fluff-wise on the forum all I could find was FAQ.

I heard of the Ragnar books but don't know where to get them and I don't know If I'll have a lot of time to read them.

welcome young wolf, have an ale and sit down with the other bloodclaws

while not beeing a warm welcome i can easy understand the reaction of my fellow brothers, the forum has been spammed lately with post who could easilly be solved by a little searchy.and face it, getting the same questions everyweek gets even the most calm wolf brother upset.

as to where to ge the books, check out the black library, they have quite a nice collection of space wolf books

i always figured buying more models was better then buying the books but last week i bought wolfs' honour and simply fel; in love with it, so i defenetly recommend buying the books.

Yes, the books I think are well worth the read, especially since all the books are going to be in an Omnibus here soon (and the first three are already in one, check you local large book retailer).

Not sure where much else besides the Codex (although I had a good place but it doesn't seem to be working any longer or else I would give you a link). You can get the Space Wolf codex, if you don't have it, through the Canadian GW website for free. Other than that, and the already made suggestions, it's mostly anything you want to make it.

Yes, the books I think are well worth the read, especially since all the books are going to be in an Omnibus here soon (and the first three are already in one, check you local large book retailer).

Not sure where much else besides the Codex (although I had a good place but it doesn't seem to be working any longer or else I would give you a link). You can get the Space Wolf codex, if you don't have it, through the Canadian GW website for free. Other than that, and the already made suggestions, it's mostly anything you want to make it.

for free? really? wow...

any recomindation on which book to stat first? I don't know if they are in order or anything...

Range, the Codex you get is just a PDF of the rules- it doesn't include all the fluff in the real version. Either that or I got jipped by the Canadian GW... *readies Exterminatussock and gazes towards Canada-US border* :o

Sorry bout my somewhat unwarm welcome, but like Hendrik said, Search-Fu will often times find you everything you need.

Here are the current Rune Priests if you ever need some specific fluff:

Beef

Dark Bjorn

Vash113

Edit: Vash was giving me dirty looks cuz I forgot to list him :o

Come now!, sure Rangemaster could have done a little more research on his own, but this is hardly the welcome we are used to giving to those who seek knowledge from the Fang.

Sure let the guy know where he can find the information so as to get him started in the right direction, but I know you are all capable of doing it in a more constructive way.

And anyone old enough to use a forum is capable of using a search feature. It's incredibly insulting to have every other new guy on the board asking to be spoon fed information rather than looking for it themselves especially when it is right at hand.

I looked in the librarium and found some useful info, but fluff-wise on the forum all I could find was FAQ.

I heard of the Ragnar books but don't know where to get them and I don't know If I'll have a lot of time to read them.

I think your mixing up stories and fluff. Fluff is background material, not just stories, no there aren't many stories in the Librarium, but practically every scrap of info on the Space Wolves can be found in the Librarium. In fact the Space Wolves: A Comprehensive History linked earlier by Sig includes pretty much all known information on the Space Wolves dating back to Rogue Trader. That is the fluff on the Space Wolves.

If you just want to read stories then the Space Wolves novels are what you need, start with the Omnibus then move on from there with Wolf Blade, Sons of Fenris and Wolf's Honour respectively.

Over the past few months I've gotten super pissed off because I couldn't find or think of space wolves fluff. Naturally if you say something, someone else will beef about it. so, My plan and challenge to all you sons of Russ is to create 13 treads on B&C and write a basic history of each company. I personally have an army of Morkai's so I could start there. what I'm trying to do is bring together any scattered knowlage on the wolves together and write a background for a chapter that deserves to know where it came from. Please except my challenge to you and your army will perhaps benefit from it.

Firstly the aforementioned Comprehensive History is a compilation of the scattered knowledge of the Sons of Fenris. Secondly there is very little information on each individual Great Company, most are just a name and a symbol so such a project isn't really possible and the little information on those companies that have it has already been written about elsewhere.

1. space wolves were convinced by horus to attack the 10k sons. this sealed their aligment to chaos.

2. space wolves have beef with the dark angels cuz Russ brawled the DA primarch.

3. according to the codex the thousand sons werealready evil when the space wolves fought them...

4. they have survived times of anarchy and isolation by their own imperium

5. they serve only the emperor and russ and no one else not even the high lords of terra

6. They have fought in more campaigns than any other space marine chapter

7. to have a pack of fenrisian wolves follow you, you need to kill the leader on a great hunt.

8. the sw use wulfen in their armies, not just in 13th company (he is marked by a rune priest and is independent)

9. Fenris is hot in summer, cold in winter. extremely.

10. there are kraken and dragons on fenris

11. the space wolves have had several encounters with the orks and ragnar killed bozag khan.

Alright lets see here:

1. It's Thousand Sons not Ten Thousand Sons.

2. Space Wolves have a beef with the Dark Angels cause Johnson stole Russ' kill and then sucker punched Russ after their brawl ended.

3. The Thousand Sons weren't already evil, in fact they were trying to support the loyalists, they already were using sorcery, the two are not necessarily the same.

4. As have most Chapters at one time or another.

5. As do all Chapters, as an Adeptus the Space Marines have pretty much unlimited autonomy as long as they don't piss off too many people.

6. There is no indication of this. In fact the Chapter that probably holds that honor is the Black Templars for they never rest, never have down periods and are many times larger than a standard Chapter.

7. The Great Hunts are campaigns to search for Russ, hunting a Fenresian Wolf Alpha is just a trial of skill.

8. The Space Wolves do NOT use Wulfen in their armies, they use Wolf Bitten in their armies. Marines may have the Mark of the Wulfen without transforming into actual "Wulfen," you know the guys with all the hair and claws who can't use weapons?

9. Aren't most places hot in summer, cold in winter? Fenris has many distinct and harsh seasons each one brutal in the extreme.

10. And Trolls, Mutants, Wulfen, Orca and all manner of other strange beasts and critters.

11. The Space Wolves, like most Chapters have fought all enemies of the Emperor on more than one occasion and as a Wolf Lord Ragnar Blackmane has fought many enemies of the Emperor in addition to the Orks.

We never mind collaborating Space Wovles information but think about it this way, you come here, tell us you can't find any information on the Space Wolves and then tell us to bring it to you and make the above flawed assertions about the Space Wolves?

If you had come and simply said you were having trouble locating fluff and would like some help pretty please it wouldn't have been a problem, but remember when you want people to do things for you courtesy and respect are a must. The way you started this thread was fairly insulting to the SW community here.

That said for failure to study your lore Blood Claw you are hereby denied Mead for one month :o.

Here are the current Rune Priests if you ever need some specific fluff:

Beef

Dark Bjorn

... :o ...

Oooops, I think I done made a mistake! :o *scampers off to edit post*

Hehe, no worries. But I thought there were more... like what about hendrik or WolfLordLars (or yourself for that matter)? We have a respectable number of Long Fangs around.

As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, Amazon has them new and used ones are usually cheaper. The Omnibus is a compilation of the first 3 books into a single book. There are a couple of other newer books that I haven't gotten yet. There is also eBay if you don't have a Game Store that carries them or even a bookstore or used bookstore. Border Books or Barnes and Noble will likely also have or be able to order them as well. They are available in a number of ways other than placing an order with GW directly online.

You got some rough treatment but you bear responsibility for it as well. You generally, as a neophyte, do NOT enter a realm and make the kinds of statements you did without expecting to be kicked around like a runt pup, now do you? If you don't know or are not familiar with how to find is one thing. Demanding things as a newb is just disrepectful and rude. Perhaps things will sink in as you recover from having your pride bruised, but it really could've been much worse. There was, as evident by my older eyes, a considerable amount of restrainrt exercised. You may feel you got it rough, but it could've been much worse.

Lessons learned about the way to conduct yourself. Ask and you will be shown the way. Demand in a disrespectful way, and you can expect your teeth kicked in again.

To be honest I am abit shocked at the reception rangemaster got here in the Fang. SW have a reputation for being very welcoming to new inductees. Remember brothers we were all young Blood claws once. A simple have an ale and some pointers would have sufficed.

I can understand peoples frustration when new members ask question that could easilt be searched but lets cut them some slack. I know it gets tireing hearing the same questions time and time again But its better not to answer at all than to answer in a rude or aggressive way. I know we are SW and thats what we do but hospitality is one of our strong points (and killing whilst drinking) :P

Anyway I hope your questions have been answered Rangemaster, Hell It could have been worse but I am sure you will come through this a wiser Blood Claw, Anything you are not sure about ask me. If you need to pm me

Archived