Power Armoured Admech force Idea

The Master

Since Admech explorer forces have little to no fluff on their military composition I was thinking of basing mine on the Brotherhood of Steel from the Fallout games (at least in theme as my modelling skills are limited) as they fore fill similar roles within their own universes, the search for and the perseveration of technology.

For this army I was thinking of using Codex Witch hunters with the following counts as -

1. Sisters of battle would become the brotherhood knights/paladins - fluff wise they would act as security force for the Explorer Magos and his team, providing both protection and as a means to secure tech-artefacts from hostile forces

2. The Inquisitor Lord would become an Explorer Magos and his personal retinue

3. Storm troopers would equal standard Tech guard

4. Arco-Flagiants SP? and Pennant engines would be Servitors/robots

But would a force like this be allowed by the High Lords, I believe that they would as they aren’t Astartes, just normal humans/cyborgs just like the Sisters of Battle, who have access to power armour.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter before I start buying things.

Not many robots in Fallout though...

Just Mr. Handies and Brainbots.

And most of them guard old military installations rather than being used by the BoS.

Infact: I don't even remember the BoS using robots at all.

Also, the Knights would be better by being represented as Storm Troopers, considdering the appearance of the BoS combat armour.

The Paladins, being better, would probably be good enough as SoB-equivalents.

Right, back on topic.

Would the Admech be allowed to field non-Astartes power armoured soilders.

Fluff wise they would suplment their Praetorian Elite by provding a millitary force with the staying power of the Astartes but by retaining their free-will (ie. standard non lobotamised tech guard), while remaining within the Mechanicus' control. The chapter millitant of the Explorer Fleets, much like the Sisters of Battle are the chapter Millitant of the Imperial church.

I'm actually kind of doing the same thing: i.e., using Inquisitional forces as an admech army.

I'm thinking on using Sisters as Skitari, Grey Knights as Praetorians, counts as Leman Russ armored company for Imperial Knights, and of course Titians as, well, Titians. The only down side is the BS 3 for the Russ based Knights. However, the model I'm looking at scratch building is pretty neat.

Either way, its for Apocalypse games with 4 Titians supported by an armored company of "Knights", Raider mounted "Praetorians" and Rhino/Immolator mounted "Skitari".

SJ

I'm using the Witch Hunters codex for my Mechanicus.

- Inquisitors become Magi

- Priests become Tech-Priests

- Stormtroopers become Skitarii

- Repentia become Beastmen with Frenzon dispensers

- Arco-flagellents become Electro-priests

- I'm trying not to use counts-as Sisters of Battle, but am doing some conversions for a heavy weapon Praetorian squad.

Penitent Engines become Robots--still trying to build one, though!

I'm not sure which rules to use for my Knight (which is under construction). I thought of a Leman Russ because of the Battle Cannon; I was going to equip it as an 'Errant' pattern Knight (Battle Cannon, twin Lascannon and hull-mounted Heavy Bolter). But then I couldn't take Marine allies (I was going to use some Iron Hands). I guess it's a moot point as I've played 2 games of 40k in the past 8 years!

I've now decided to put this project on hold for the time being, as my friend has told me about the blood ravens version of the Admech Explorers - the Ordo Psykana. This project will be easier on the walet and on my limited conversion skill

I guess it's a moot point as I've played 2 games of 40k in the past 8 years!

It is never a moot point! Ever forward in the quest for the STC and the glory of the Omnissiah!

Severus6

Archived