spend my money

Lone Scout

Depends.

If the Inferno Pistols hit, it's an assured wound against almost every model in the game, meaning there's less need to rely upon divine guidance. But of course, Hand Flamers benefit greatly from divine guidance.

It really depends on where you want to spend your faith points.

Actually, even points-wise, celestians are a better investment than seraphim for close combat. Seraphim get 1 extra attack than celestians, but celestians have holy hatred and cost just over half as much. 130pts celestians = 20 attacks on charge with 3+ to hit. 132 pts seraphim = 18 attacks on a charge.

I love the look of seraphim, we have by far the best looking jump infantry, and the mobility of jump packs can be useful, but overall celestians actually are better as far as CC. That said, the goal of SoB is not CC. Shooty focus is generally priority.

Besides, real SoB use Arcos and Penitent engines for CC :)

Once you have HQ, troops, and an exorcist, what else you want to field will really depend on how you want to start playing the SoB force. They don't have a particularly astounding variety of options for methods, but I would recommend fielding what you have already acquired for a bit, read some of the lists other people use, and then decide which way you want to start building.

Celestians are cheaper-- but the build suggested earlier in the thread was most certainly not.

Generally speaking, Seraphim are better for a number of reasons. Mobility, number of attacks, free imagifier, free frag/krak nades, access to special weapons which don't take away their extra attacks, access to meltabombs, etc. There is more to an assault unit than just their raw power in an assault.

I am not a huge fan of celestians myself but they are a better fit for my mech sisters army than the seraphim(certainly a unit that I love.) The point of seraphim is that they provide the counter charge unit that you need to help out when a unit of battle sisters get charged. They are also quite a big target, yes I want them shot at since everyshot that goes at them bring thems one step closer to when I get can off spirit of the martyr much easier and it means a shot not heading towards my exorcists or retributors.

We all have our personal experiences with seraphim, while deadshane says they are useless, I say I have assaulted and beaten on a regular basis pretty much any of the other more uber cc squads, including genestealers, assault marines, berserkers you name it. If they live till the end of the game then I most definitely embarassed my opponent. They are most certainly NOT unbeatable but when fitted into the proper role they certainly are worth thier weight in gold to me.

Archived