World Eaters, the wolves of....

Skirax

I am thinking of doing a World Eaters themed army, painted when they were loyal, as a Space Wolf codex following chapter, Possible?

I realise their were no successor chapters for the wolves, but I would like to do either World Eaters or Luna Wolves that follow the SW codex. I want to know:

Good idea?

Possible?

If yes, do I use the SW models?

I just got assualt on black reach for Xmas (Yay! I love it! :wub: ) and with all those marines, I want to do something special so should I? :(

Personally I wouldn't say yes. The Space Wolves Codex is distinct, as is their fighting style. It is not really echoed by any of the other Astartes, Traitor or Loyalist, Pre or Post Heresy.

If you were interested in doing a PH army, the first port of call should be the BoLS resource - Warhammer 30,000: The Age Of Heresy. It's a fantastic resource and I believe suggests using the BA to do the WE, using non Jump Pack equipped RAS and the DC as a unit that have sucuumbed to total psychosis as a result of their implants.

Thanks Vass, I have seen that and it said WE use BA or SW, I can't remember... :lol: Why not? It is like having a Ultramarine company that uses the DA codex???? I would like to do this, please please please please pleeeeease???? Uhum.

i just don't see it fit SW

maybe BT, the vow that makes them move 6" in the opponents turn towards the unit that shot it could represent the tactics the worldeaters used (didn't they almost go completly on foot ,just walking forward?)

You can do it if you want..... nothings stopping you. If your going to though then dont use Space Wolf models. Why? Because theres frankly no point. Do some research on how the World Eaters looked before the fall and youll find they didnt cover themselves in fur or beards.

This is of course part of the reason why they fell, there was nothing to insulate them against chaos.

I dont think even the Luna Wolves were "wolfy" and world eater should be more something resembling their gladiator nature..(hell even bare chests would fit imo). Flails,chainmails,shaved heads,warhammers,lances. I'd say besides the BoLS source which is great as recommended above try getting some info from films that include gladiators (with the obvious Gladiator (his helm probably will be really cool if you can find something similar)). Also Magic the Gathering pit fighter images can be a good resource.

Maybe 13th than?

Like Max said, my wolves are currently pre-heresy colors and contain lots of khorne bezerker pieces and I'm quite pleased with them. So you doing the same thing but painting them blue and white? Go ahead. :)

Bare chests in power armor?

Well... :)

Ofc its not possible power armor+bare chest but well i thought at the time something more like that dude in Soul Drinkers novels (Telos was his name?) who fought bare chested out of sheer frenzy and killing madness and ofc his regeneration...

Actually, I'm currently working on a conversion of a WGBG in Gothic Style PA with a bare chest - think Wolverine from the second X-Men film.

I stand by my original post though - for the WE go BA, as they fit whereas the Luna Wolves are a pretty standard Codex force, and could be represented by fluffy selections from C:SM and C:CSM.

So you doing the same thing but painting them blue and white? Go ahead.
Thanks, I am glad someone shares my view. What exactly do BT do? I have heard stuff about they continuing the Great Crusade, but can anyone actually tell me about BT rules??? Maybe then I will do that instead...

I wouldn't use SW models, not parts with the wolfy icons on, just maybe get some Blood Claws, I know somewhere that has 2 sets, and some Grey hunters but use my basic Codex torsos?

Archived