Allied WH and IG?

ixzion

Ok, I'm quite new here (first post, wohey) but this is a question I've been thinking of:

Can you have both inducted guards and witch hunters as allies in a daemon hunter army?

And another question: Does the same restrictions as the daemon hunters have apply to witch hunters when it comes to allies, such as 1 hq, 2 troops and so on?

I bet these questions have been asked before (and propably answered as well), but I couldn't find any topics regarding this using the search-function.

Short answer, yes. The allies rule apply equally to DH and WH. Restrictions are the same. If you tell us what you want to include (parent list, allied units) we will be better able to advise you. Don't post point values, just the units you wan to take.

Ok, so this list would be ok? (it's just an example combining elements from dh, wh and ig):

DH IL

WH IL

2 units of DH storm troopers

1 unit of sisters of battle

2 guard platoons

1 leman russ

Ok, so this list would be ok? (it's just an example combining elements from dh, wh and ig):

DH IL

WH IL

2 units of DH storm troopers

1 unit of sisters of battle

2 guard platoons

1 leman russ

I don't think that is legal, there is 3 allied troops. You can howewer take something similar into your FA slot.

Thats legal, as long as the IG were Inducted into the DH parent list, not the WH allies.

For WH allies, you are only allowed the number of units displayed on the chart on p25 of C:WH. The relevant one is 0-2 Troops choices. If your Inducted Guard came in as allies from the WH list, then the two infantry platoons and the SoB squad would take up 3 Troops slots, which is not allowed.

However, if your SoB squad is the only allied Troops choice, and the IG were chosen to be Inducted into the DH list, then they do not count towards the 0-2 Troops limit for allies.

So basically, you need it to be DH with Inducted IG + WH Allies. If its DH + WH Allies including Inducted IG, then it is not legal.

Its complex, but it works. Just choose your Guard from C:DH.

HelbrechtBT Posted Today, 03:38 PM

Quick question since it's basicly the same question different army. Can i do this with my templars also?

No. There is a restriction saying if you include Inquisition allies in a non-Inquisition army, those allies may not themselves include Inducted Guard or Marines.

you can ally the restricted amount of DH/WH into Templars, but Templars may not join a DH/WH parent list. Only basic space marines may be inducted into DH/WH lists. IG also cannot ally with Marines even if DH/WH is the parent list.

Quick question since it's basicly the same question different army. Can i do this with my templars also?

Just to be clear, there is NO WAY AT ALL (outside of Apocalypse, obviously) to make an army list that includes both Space Marines and Imperial Guard.

If your base army is IG, no rules exist that allow you to ally in Space Marines (any type), though you can ally in units wholly defined in the DH/WH codexes -- or both -- in the amounts specified therein.

If your base army is Space Marines (any type), no rules exist that allow you to ally in Imperial Guard, though you can ally in units wholly defined in the DH/WH codexes -- or both -- in the amounts specified therein.

If your base army is either of the Inquisition armies, the allying/inductions rules clearly state that you cannot include both Space Marines and Imperial Guard in the same army list.

What I don't get is you can have SM army with GK allies but not the other way round, it makes no sense.

Au contraire, it makes perfect sense! Think of it this way...

The Inquisitorial Chambers Militant are, fluffwise, the best fighting forces available for the specific foe that each branch of the Inquisition is tasked with fighting. There is no better force for fighting Chaos than the Grey Knights. There is no better force for destroying heretics -- especially psykers -- than the Sisters of Battle. There is no better force for destroying Xenos than the Deathwatch. If the Inquisition is able to call on their CM to fight their foe, they aren't going to attempt requisitioning Space Marines as well. Doing so -- while technically legal -- is rife with difficulties, both politically and realistically. Obviously they'll also take advantage of any PDF or IG regiments -- they're expendable -- but getting Space Marines would be a Problem not worth the effort. Throw bodies at the problem until the CM units can do what they do best, then go home.

Space Marines are often proud and independent, and can be loath to ask for help from any quarter. Certainly they have no legal authority to requisition Inquisitorial or Chamber Militant units for help. So when you see a Space Marines army list with a few GK units in it, think of it this way: they (the SMs), had no idea the GKs were coming. They were not fully aware of the Chaos/Daemonic threat they were facing, and the GKs just showed up like magic to help take care of the issue. And when that is gone, they're also gone. And similar scenarios could also play out with respect to the Sisters of Battle and the Deathwatch.

Number 6 has it basically right. Often times, especially with the knights and deathwatch, they tend to be very small mobile units to deal with the foes. A large grey knights army is usually something for major incursions, apoc games. Even basic mixed lists have 2-3 units of knights max(2 PAGK and 1 termy unit) because they are the elite of the elite. Having space marine allies with grey knights would just be odd, especially since the knights are a ghost unit, rarely seen, often misunderstood, and as quick to come and go after the problem, which they seek to keep unnoticed, is fixed.

On the other hand, space marines tend to have many units, 3 tac squads, jet packs, bikers, dev squad, etc.

Archived