1850 to 2000pts

guillaume

Okay, so I have a good 1850 worth of DH:

1 GM with 4 termies+ 1 inq with 3 gun warriors+ 3 units of 7 grey knights, + 1 crusader+ 1 land raider and 1 GK dreadnought.

So now, I am playing a 2000pts tourny. I need to add something, but in a way I have pretty much everything that is DH. (I do have an assasin, but havent found it very succesful in 5th)

So, I NEED another 150pts, but I want something new.

So, having no idea how WH works with DH, and I dont want basic core troop, I though about getting 1 unit of repentia or 1 unit of seraphim.

I would appreciate if someone has experience with either repentia or seraphim in DH. I can see that seraphim would be useful (being jump infantry), but i like the repentia models and the idea of them serving the emperor in death.

What say you?

Were it me, I would actually just boost the GK numbers. Maybe another GKT, but otherwise spend all the points on more PAGKs to fill out your units. That would be points well spent.

If you really want another unit, than I can strongly recommend Seraphim. I usually spend a good chunk of points on mine, however -- 8 Seraphim, 2x inferno pistols, VSS w/Eviscerator (241 pts) -- because I want a unit with more staying power and tactical options than what can be had for just 150 pts. Still, 150 pts can get you a useful Seraphim unit. For DH I would usually go with a pure tank-hunting unit of 5 Seraphim, 2x inferno pistols (140 pts). You can also take a couple of wounds off monstrous creatures/heavy infantry with this unit in a pinch. A modest infantry assault unit could look like: 5 Seraphim, 2x flamers, VSS w/power weapon: 144 pts.

However, I would say that if you're serious about taking Seraphim with the DH, you should aim to take a large unit of 8-10 girls both for survivability and for capability.

If you want/need to stay within your 150 pt budget, consider instead standard Sisters of Battle. An excellent footslogging unit can be bought for that price. If you're willing to chop a GK or two out, you could get 10 Sisters, VSS (for the Faith point), melta gun, heavy flamer, Rhino w/extra armour and smokes (204 pts). I think another fun option would be mounted Celestians in an Immolator: 6 Celestians, melta gun, heavy flamer, VSS w/BP and power weapon, Immolator w/extra armour and smoke (193 pts).

Get a Land Raider Redeemer, very nice and can toast the battle field, you need more anti armour in there so anothe rLand Raider would be good to.

That would be great, but we can't use them yet, save for the new IA FAQ. (Despite that I have the FW bits sitting on my game cabinet).

I second Number6 (would that make me Number2?). More bodies. <_<

Thanks number 6,

I guess, I want to bring a new unit for the fun and diversity of it. Yes we can always bring another LR, or add more GK to the mix, but I play friendly games most of the times, and although this is for a tourny, this is an-in store tourny. Not a "real" tourny.

I like the idea of mixing with WH, just because we have so few different types of models, that I wanted something different (but I've never like the Inquisitor-guards models).

A unit of 8 seraphim with 2 hand flamers comes to around 190pts which is fine if I downgrade my GM to BC. Why not, it gives me more tactical flexibility.

I can see the use of the inferno pistol, but I'd rather trust the LR, the dread or the Inq plasma cannon warrior to put a hole in a tank. I see the seraphim being able to rapidly target small infantry unit with heavy weapons which are often able to take down my anti-armour in the first place.

Archived