WIP Scout Buggy

BrotherAtrox

So this is a buggy I'm thinking about using for Scouts in a SM army or as a Forward Observer vehicle in a Guard army. Either way, it uses a Land Speeder as the main conversion so maybe you guys will enjoy it. I got the idea from a Tau forum that showed essentially the same conversion I've done here. This is my first conversion of any really advanced degree and is a huge mess of bits I grabbed. Part Landspeeder, part plasticard, with SM bikers wheels, predator autocannon axles, and some soon to be some other stuff. Stopping here for the night because I'm tired and out of super glue. Will post finished version no later than Monday, ideally. Opinions welcome as always.

gallery_23932_2850_56469.jpg

I suppose the point of this thread is to elucidate on my conversion epiphany - it's incredibly fun. If you've got some plasticard and a decent sized bit box - you're set! Before this I was never much into conversions, just painting, but now I think I might try my hand at a few other things. To all you hobbyists out there who are wary of these types of things - it's easier than it looks! ;)

Very interesting idea, looks great! I'd love to see some more photos actually.

This concept would work really well in a diorama. I can see the scout buggy speeding through the forest, bailing out all over the place! GTA-style tank shock!

Looks very nice! Will you use it as a landspeeder or homemade rules?

Just a thought, you could put two pair of wheels at the rear, to completely fill up that space. Or perhaps some bigger wheels, or both? Or tracks (halftrack)?

That's a pretty cool idea...What are you using for axles, and are the wheels fixed or can you roll it?

I'd love to see the finished version!

Thanks for the responses.

The axles are chopped Predator autocannons, so the wheels sadly do not turn. I hadn't though about adding more at the back to fill up the space, mainly because I don't have any more spare wheels unless I start breaking apart good bikes. About to hit the store in an hour or so for more super glue, then I'll get back to work.

Archived