[LPC] Wolf Lord and Retinue

Grimfoe

Ok. So this project has officially gotten out of hand. While waiting for my minis to get back from Poland, my wife decided that she and I should build a gaming room that would allow the kids and I to play or paint or whatever without having to set up and break down each time we started and stopped. (Man, am I lucky or what? ;) ) We had a den to convert, so she and I started painting this week and have built a gaming/painting table. The room is about 12'-0 by 12'-0 with built-in shelves. The table is 4 x 8. It's really quite nice. We're not quite done, but here it is:

gallery_33642_3057_225690.jpg

gallery_33642_3057_736189.jpg

Here is the cabinet she bought me specifically for the Space Wolves:

gallery_33642_3057_1333957.jpg

We made the table from a kitchen cabinet with 3/4" plywood for the top. We glued whiteboard to the plywood for a surface that would be more easily cleaned. The cabinets below will be used for additional terrain.

gallery_33642_3057_597324.jpg

gallery_33642_3057_1320633.jpg

I've also finished a test mini for my son's crimson fists. I'm not unhappy with the mini, but I have some more work to do before my Space Wolves arrive. I really want to do them justice and I haven't painted in a while. I'll use my son's minis as practice until mine arrive. Here is the crimson fist. I know there are some mould lines, but remember, he was assembled by a six year old. :)

gallery_33642_3057_40490.jpg

gallery_33642_3057_458694.jpg

Whew...much to do. Now I just need my minis to come this week, before I go on vacation.

With regard to the GS....Grytz has asked me not to give specific prices on the board. He was VERY reasonable, however. I encourage you to contact him. His work was fast, but he was about 2 weeks out when last I spoke with him. PM me for details. I'll give you my name and other details of the order.

Thanks.

I'm in awe that all that i cant say. Your greens stuff skill is seriously of the charts. Just a quick tidbit, where is the combi-melta from.

Thanks. Like I said though, I didn't do the GS myself. I hired it out. I can't do that. Not yet anyway ;)

I bought the combi melta online, but I think it is from the commander box set. I had to modify it for the left hand.

I'm in awe that all that i cant say. Your greens stuff skill is seriously of the charts. Just a quick tidbit, where is the combi-melta from.

Thanks. Like I said though, I didn't do the GS myself. I hired it out. I can't do that. Not yet anyway :P

I bought the combi melta online, but I think it is from the commander box set. I had to modify it for the left hand.

O sorry i was just scrolling down to get to more of the pretty pictures

Small update. The wolves arrived from Poland, so I guess I don't have that excuse anymore. I'll be out this week to buy some better brushes, etc. and then get to work. I'll be out of town for one week this month, so I'll have to get it in gear to get them done. Wish me luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Look at me! I'm painting :D

gallery_33642_3057_1366003.jpg

Back from vacation and working to complete the squad by the end of the week. It'll be tough, my business is going crazy. Normally, things stay pretty slow until April.

We'll see how we do.

A little after 1:30 in the morning here and I just finished my first terminator. As I see it, I have a little over 22 hours to complete the other four.

It was a real bitch trying to match the colors exactly. I never painted with GW's paints before. The paints I used years ago don't even exist. Ah well, live and learn. I'll see how long I can keep painting tonight.

Wish me luck.

Well completed the vow.

Only two days straight of painting ;)

Posting preliminary pictures now. I'll add better pictures this week.

Here you go:

gallery_33642_3057_626450.jpg

gallery_33642_3057_1110710.jpg

-- posted the preliminary pics

I really like these. Very clean paint from what I can see so far. The wolf lord has tons of character.

++ side note - I'm not really sure a wolf would drink Coors Light, Guinness maybe :) ++

Here are more detailed pics:

The Retinue:

gallery_33642_3057_115690.jpg

This guy is my favorite:

gallery_33642_3057_91998.jpg

Another view:

gallery_33642_3057_36842.jpg

This is an older conversion for a wolf lord that I was able to use here:

gallery_33642_3057_224459.jpg

Here is a view of the pelts/capes:

gallery_33642_3057_101038.jpg

Here is the Wolf Lord, Jugger Grimfoe:

gallery_33642_3057_192043.jpg

Another view:

gallery_33642_3057_243153.jpg

View of Pelt:

gallery_33642_3057_216399.jpg

Their sweet ride:

gallery_33642_3057_92840.jpg

gallery_33642_3057_122531.jpg

And all together:

gallery_33642_3057_294459.jpg

All and all, I was pretty happy with the result. I was able to complete the Land Raider and a vindicator as a bonus, but didn't get to finish the Wolf Priest. (I think I indentified him as a Wolf Guard Battle Leader before, but he'll make a sweet Wolf Priest)

My painting has suffered a little over the past 10 years, but these guys were really about as good as anything I had done prior. The GW paints aren't as easy to work with as the paints I used before and that cost me a lot of time.

Anyway, comments are welcome. Thanks for the opportunity to paint and blog. It's been a lot of fun.

Great work! I not only did you paint them well, you had a great idea that you got done. Hat of for you.

Could you PM me the link to the SW forum? If it isn't the one here :yes: Once again, great work!

• 6 months later...

Great models, excellent painting, and an awesome gaming room.

It's the part about you doing it all with your children that touches me most, though!

I hope you enjoy the hell out of it, cuz it doens't really get better than what you've got right there! :lol:

LR

Archived