Ranek's Mentor abillity

Brother Tholath

Fellow Space Wolves,

I am a keen collector and have been debating with myself on which marine army to get to battle against my brother with (He's getting Chaos Marines) and I have after much though decided on the amazing Space Wolves. CC is so my thing.

I have one question, what HQs can Ranek bump their WS. If it's anyone, does that me I could field a Ven Dreadnought with WS 6?

Thanks for your help

Tholath

In the rules for Ranek/Ulrik it says 'one other model' so there's no rule against using it on a VenDread but it would be terribly unfluffy...

The only model you can't give it to is Ulrik himself, Ragnar and Logan.

I would argue that you also can't give it to an allied model but again, that's fluff rather than RAW as far as I can see...

Oh, and it's worth bearing in mind that he has about 45 points of wargear that's worthless now, but if +1WS is worth that amount to you... :yes:

Considering WS 7+ in some chaos lists, it's best to just get a wolf tooth necklace... it'll save you a lot of points and it's far superior. ^_^

Oh, and it's worth bearing in mind that he has about 45 points of wargear that's worthless now, but if +1WS is worth that amount to you... :yes:

Considering WS 7+ in some chaos lists, it's best to just get a wolf tooth necklace... it'll save you a lot of points and it's far superior. ^_^

damn, I should've thought of putting that in :-)

Ragnar and Logan can't take the +up as it's already in their profiles as being trained by him.

Don't forget about Ulrik himself as LPetersson so kindly stated. <_<

The only model you can't give it to is Ulrik himself, Ragnar and Logan.

I would argue that you also can't give it to an allied model but again, that's fluff rather than RAW as far as I can see...

Skimmed by that too fast...apologies Brother Petersen.

It's ok, I originally wrote the same thing, then caught it before posting and changed my post.

I like the idea about the Ironclad... but honestly I still can't justify how many points Ulrik is, it just doesn't seem worth it against chaos considering the WS of common chaos and the rest of the chaos that are way higher than WS5.

With getting a semi-similar Wolf Priest, you should have enough to buy at least 5 wolf tooth necklaces that will serve you far better, and trust me, it hurts when avatars, bloodthirsters, wyches, etc. are getting hit on 3+'s with power fists...

Sorry for the necromancy in raising the dead thread here but....

How is is wargear worthless... the only thing worthless in the fang of morkai the rest can be found on page 31 in the space wolf summary section.

Wolf Helm of Russ: 4+ .... save.

its on page 31...?

Archived