[Flesh Eaters redux] WIP attack-bikes

After a long break from the hobby, I am now remaking my Flesh Eaters, using the original red FE colours from Rogue Trader. They will have a feral and aggressive look, but NOT be vampires like my old black FEs. Done that to (un)death. :P

I plan on using Tubal's excellent transfer sheets based on the 'official' GW logo:

gallery_19_2862_3.gif

To begin with, I will use the BA rules, but I'll make it possible to use C:SM too - after all, GW never specified that the FE were BA successors, that was my invention (because I didn't know how to paint red). ;)

Here is a taster, two WIP attack-bikes (the pics are a bit dark, but you get the idea). Squad/chapter markings, dust and scratches and some minor details are left.

Number one:

gallery_19_2862_22676.jpg

gallery_19_2862_29442.jpg

gallery_19_2862_2098.jpg

And a second one:

gallery_19_2862_29439.jpg

gallery_19_2862_15509.jpg

gallery_19_2862_58325.jpg

The MM gunners can be replaced, there is a pin sticking up from the lower body of the gunner and a connecting hole in the torsos:

gallery_19_2862_32345.jpg

All comments are welcome! :huh:

man that is a clean smooth vibrant red. Care to give your secret recipe?

Recipe for red:

1) Heavy wetbrush of mechrite red. This leaves some shadows of black.

2) Heavy wetbrush of blood red.

3) Touch up with blood red, just to get an even coat.

4) Blacklining: 50/50 mix of black/brown ink, with 3 parts water added. (This was also used as a wash over all metallic areas)

5) Some edge-highlights of blazing orange, not too many.

6) Glaze all red areas with 1:4 red ink and water.

wow Des these are looking fantastic for RAF! the DA winged fairings (sp?) fit really well for the BA background.

man that is a clean smooth vibrant red

2nd-ed. consider it stolen :ph34r: . i'll also ask for your recipe to do skin tones please, that dudes head looks real smooth (sic)

DM

IIRC, the skin was quite simple, just a Tanned Flesh basecoat followed by Dwarf Flesh, which was then highlighted by adding Elf Flesh and finally a little white to the mix. I painted some Flesh Wash and Purple Ink into eyesockets and around cables to get shadows.

I think I will go for a slightly paler look next time though.

I got to agree with the others the red looks great and I'm a massive fan of the RT look of these guys. I used to play Flesh Eaters way back in first edition after seeing them in the Warhammer Siege suppliment.

Look forward to seeing more soon.

I got to agree with the others the red looks great and I'm a massive fan of the RT look of these guys. I used to play Flesh Eaters way back in first edition after seeing them in the Warhammer Siege suppliment.

Look forward to seeing more soon.

Thanks Doghouse, cool to hear that you actually played them back in the good old days, kudos! :)

Archived