Representing dark mech

Im thinking of doing a dark mech battlefleet gothic fleet and a ground/boarding force. How would I do it?

Would a lord represent a dark tech adept or does he have warp powers better represented by the sorcerer? Do chaos marines make ok skiratii? Is there any useful official material or unofficial material on them?

The Grey Knights novel "Dark Adeptus" has some good stuff on the Dark Mechanicus. Datadaemons, beings of evil electrical data, basically the Chaotic version of a bluescreen of death. Fun stuff. Here's what I'd do for modelling a Dark Mechanicum member:

Take the Tzeentchian Sorcerer of the Warhammer Fantasy line, replace the head with the Techpriest model the Imperial Guard have, and cut off the spikes that encircle the disk. Replace these spikes with exhaust orbs from Space Marine backpacks.

i am also building an ad mech army using the CSM codex, my take on the hq is an ancient magos sitting in a battle suit so its a wing prince with mark of nurgle and nurles rot ruleswise.

the tempus fugitives ad mech list have some really inspiering stuff in it, that is where i got the battle suite magos idea from.

right now i am building oblitterators using whfb ogres and lots of heavy weapons from SM devastators, hopefully i will get some pics up here soon. cheers!

I would personally take a look at the Tempus Fugitives Cult Mechanicus Codex for betetr understanding of troops. It works a lot more like Imp Guard then CSM. You do bring up a good point though with warp powers messing with them. Although the thing to remember, dark mech has been contorted, but that's not what made them dark. They were infected with scrap code that pirated and hacked their mechanical augmentations. So I don't think he would necessarily have psychic powers, but he might have some twisted weapons and things...just a thought. I think you could very easily work a Dark Mechanicus list off of the Tempus Fugitives Codex, at least better then the old Huckleberry list...

F-C

Archived