[LPC] a monkey's adventures with paint

punkfish

Right, as I've managed to get some free time to not only start my painting blob and also actually paint something, I decided to enter the Librarium Painting Challenge. This shall be the log detailing my Work in Progress.

For the challenge, I've decided to paint a TDA Librarian, a Baal Predator and a 10 man squad of Sniper Scouts. First up to the table is the TDA Librarian. Here's some pictures of my progress thus far...

med_gallery_16404_560_167272.jpg

med_gallery_16404_560_228839.jpg

Now, I'm fairly happy with how things are going so far. I need to tidy up various parts of the model, like his face, the robes and I'll need to drill out the stormbolter. I need to finish the Force Staff and freehand some BA Chapter badges onto him and then the base will be last.

As he will be a gaming figure, I'm not going to go mad with the base or the final touches, mainly as my time is fairly limited due to RL issues. Any comments or tips will be greatly received.

Thanks for reading Guys

Very nice, clean work.. I like the highlight on the blue armor they really show a lot of detail for a game piece. Keep up the good work.

My only comment is for a work-in-progress pic is not usually quite so done.. I mean this mini looks ready for the table now. Any mid assembly, primer, first coat type pics available?

Unfortunately not, I sat down to paint him one night and eight or so hours later, he was at the stage you see now. I didn't have my digi cam to hand when I first painted him so the idea of taking pictures just went right out of my head.

Archived