Terminator Force getting some paint

Alanter

Hi guys,

I started playing Deathwing a time ago. Having a lazy owner they didn't see much paint. There will be a very important tournament in june which onl aloows fully painted armies. Now I am confronted with chosing a colour sheme, writing a <competitive list> and model the miniatures fitting to that list.

I think about painting it originally Deathwing style. Almost because I do not know how to paint them in another way. I stated painting them in a DIY sheme, but it doesn't work that well, but see it yourself.

I would like having of a DIY chapter, but I am short on concepts. I would be pleased for any idea.

The army contains

1 Belial with lightning claws

1 "close combat squad" with much nastyness

2 "tactical squads" with assault cannon

1 "support squad" with cyclone missile launcher

2 Land Raiders

1 Land Raider Crusader

--------------------------------------------------

TODO-List

Equip all models to WYSIWYG

One Sergeant needs a power sword instead of his chain fist [ ]

Serveral little repairs [ ]

Get them painted and based

Belial 0%

CC squad 0%

T1 squad 0%

T2 squad 0%

SP squad 0%

Land Raider 1 0%

Land Raider 2 0%

Land Raider Crusader 0%

I'm not really happy with the original DW sheme, but what I did on those two painted terminators looks way too dark. Anyone that can help here?

I did a few little conversations. The lamps on the LRC and some other stuff from those really cool city fight building sprues. I had several bearded heads from my whfb white wolves of my empire army. They fit quite well in the TDA and make the army look unique. I will order some FW shoulder pads and LR doors after I decided who I will actually paint them.

Another question is how I should base them. I have two of them standing on a skullbase made by mirco art studio, but does it fit to loyal Space Marines. Standing on thousands of skulls - there always was some kind of khorny part in me...

--------------------------------------------------

An army shot

I hope that you can see anything on pictures. I just suck at this - it's a good cam... :jaw:

gallery_31675_3064_340944.jpg

This is my version of Belial, leading the lads into battle. I messed a little with the glue. :D

gallery_31675_3064_242287.jpg

Here a picture of the LRC bringing light to the darkes corner of the empire. ;)

gallery_31675_3064_532689.jpg

Here are the two terminator I started painting.

CC squad heavy flamer

gallery_31675_3064_620996.jpg

gallery_31675_3064_23518.jpg

A normal terminator with a not so normal powerfist. B)

gallery_31675_3064_668083.jpg

gallery_31675_3064_72367.jpg

And here is some TDA Chaplain that I recived as a chrismas present some or two years ago. A friend of mine painted it and would be happy if you rate it on <cmon>. ^_^

gallery_31675_3064_242471.jpg

very very nice, but that chaos power fist, what with the enormous wreath on it makes him look like hes hiding from mr chaplain... "WHATS THIS FOUL DESECRATION!!!" "erm, its a swiss army fist... umm, it has a big toothpick, err..." "OH, OK THEN!!!" "oh thank khorne, praise be to the blood god..."

heh. :P

prophet out

Thanks for the comment. Your right - and I have serious problems with my color sheme. Has anyone any idea, what would fit the best?

I like the dark theme - even though I know that the scheme is too dark. I would like to have a not so bright and glory chapter. I like the Deathwing fluff, but I just don't want a cool, dark secret.

Color Scheme

I toyed with the excellent BnC Painter and 4 schemata came out of it. What do you thin is the best fitting one?

The first one ist the current one - just be bit brighter.

gallery_31675_2638_17597.jpg

A very dark one

gallery_31675_2638_5465.jpg

A more colorful one - might look to much UM-style...

gallery_31675_2638_19991.jpg

And another one - I think I would prefer this for now. But I am open to any suggestion.

gallery_31675_2638_23846.jpg

The colorful one is interesting. I like that shade of blue a lot and the bleached bone contrasts it nicely. I would also think its the best choice because all metal marines get boring after a while. Am I right?

I also really like the posing of the "gesturing" terminator on the bottom. Its really epic, and insulting at the same time.

Archived