Arming my wolf priest

Combat_Vet

Greetings,

I am in the process of building a wolf army. As soon as it is done I will be learning how to play the game.

I read the dex a few times and have a few questions in regards to my HQ, especially my Wolf Priest.

I armed my Lord with lightnig claws, tooth necklace, termie armor and wolf pelt. He will have 6 termies with him (close combat).

I gave my Priest runic armor, frost axe, tooth necklace and wolf pelt. I am painting the Wolf Priest for the LPC. Several people have told me I have armed him poorly. I armed him for looks :P , but I am willing to build another one. What should he be armed with? My plan was to have him lead one of my bigger Blood Claw packs (seems fluffy to me). Is that what most people do with thier Wolf Priests, or should he have a body guard as well?

Better days,

200plus,

You are missing several things on that Wolf Priest. One is a plasma pistol, the next is a wolf Tail Talisman and some Healing Potions. Other than that, the person who told you that was a bad kit setup, if he or she was from your LGS, is a complete idiot, or from this board, just too drunk to notice what they said ;)

There was an old discussion on twin LC's or FB, and the coinclusion was against MEQ's or higher, the FB is more effective, whiles the Twin LC's are good against light targets, like Eldar (Hence why GW owe us some Frost claws :P ) .

But yes. If anything, get the Wolf Priest a bigger axe, a stein of ale and you are laughing.

Bjorn

I think why you are being told its a bad build is the WP comes with a PW already and to respend those points makes it hard to justify. I am not a fan of the Runic Armour, to many points for the return.

For a WP running a BC pack, I would suggest Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, RC, WP, WTN, WTT, MB, and HB&P. point sink but keeps them young pups alive.

You can add or take away the wargear, depending on the BC packs build and points available Such as drop MB if you run 3 PF.

WG Vrox.

WG- For about 15 extra points ( not got codex in front of me) You get to rerol your wounds with a power weapon, and for about 25 you get a +1 str power weapon.

Now, if you plan on making a cheap and cheerful WP, then just go for basics; its less than 100 pointa, btu and this is my opinion, if you are going to make a killing machine, you may as well spend a few extra points.

I usually run him stock+plasma pistol. In fact I use the "Rune Priest" model for it, as I simply love the EOT model. Some days if I have the points Ill throw in Healing potions, or if Im running him in a drop pod. If hes my primary CC character Ill give him a WTN... just in case.

Thats about it for me.

Just a quick question for the OP though.... when you say CC terminators, you do realise you dont have to choose one or the other right?

What do you mean I don't have to choose one or the other?

I'm a wolf we have claws!!! <_<

I have two TDA squads one of six and one of eight. I do not have any wolf guard squads in normal PA. I figured why take PA if I can have a termie squad. Is this the wrong line of thinking?

Better days,

Archived