Dark Angels Mix and Match?

.Tim.

:D Ok, I recently purchased the 5th Ed Space Marine Codex as well as the most recent Dark Angels Codex (4th Ed I think). I started writing a new army list when I became confused. According to what I've heard, if you play a DA tournament army you must pick solely from the DA codex army list, is this true? I want to take a Redeemer you see but it isnt in the DA codex, am I allowed to officially take one? Also things like the change in Dreadnoughts, can I take the new Venerable Dread from the C:SM codex or have to take the standard Dread from DA and give it the Venerable upgrade (which isnt as good as the new one in terms of stats)? Finally Drop pods, theyre cheaper in the new C:Sm codex, by quite alot, do I have to take the DA ones or can I take the new cheaper ones?

I hope the mix and match rule applies, I mean, Dark Angels are Space Marines, so I dont see why they shouldnt have access to the full complement of Space Marine vehicles and upgrades ect.

Cheers. (still confused..goes of and sulks)

Thanks for that Chaos_Iron_Brute. :D

But ouch, thats quite a shame. Better go revise my list. One quick question. Ive decided to take a Land Raider and according to the DA codex its transport capicity is 10 models (5 termies in my case). However the New Raider rules (C:SM) show a 12 model (6 termie) capacity. I assume that I still have to use the 10 model one although it will be annoying as I want to attach a chaplain to a squad of assualt deathwing and have them drive around safely. Sorry if this is a sortof repeat of the about mix n' match question, but does this case make an exception? After all, a DA raider is still a SM raider and so I cant see why the transport capacity would be less...

Cheers in advance. :(

Actually in the DA FAQ if you are granted permission you can take items from C:SM, but you'll need to contact the admin team for the tourny to find out if they will let you... my word of advice... don't hold your breath.

The actual wording of the FAQ pretty much says "no, unless your opponent lets you". If you haven't got a chance to discuss it with your opponent beforehand, then you can't mix and match. Or you should assume that you can't.

The guy who wrote the codex (who's name escapes me) said he increased the transport capacity because he wanted people to choose which LR they wanted to field for reasons other than transport capacity, which is fair enough I suppose.

On topic, why should you be able to mix and match, you play dark angels which means you use the dark angels codex. Seems pretty straight forward to me, although I can see why you would want to mix and match the DA suffered some what with the release of C:SM.

Ok then, I guess Ill have to take a Land Raider Crusader with more capacity. But seriously, if they update a widely used vehicles stats, they should do it across the codex's in the FAQs section or something like that. After all its not fair on the DA (especially since they pay exactly the same for it, but its not as good!) or Chaos for that matter who are also stuck with a 10 model capacity...

Cheers for the help anyway. :HQ:

EDIT: Neither do Dark Angel's ones :huh:

Wha..? All imperial/loyalist landraiders come with PotMS, standard. That includes DA (the only LR of ours that's 'cheaper' is the LRC, as it comes with MM standard, with extra armor being only an option instead of default). They're the first things that ever had it (due to their size, having enough room for such a thing), and should have staid as the only things to have it (glad they removed the option for it from all the smaller vehicles).

I would not be quite so sure that the C:SM PotMS is automaticly the "better" one. The C:SM one always works and has the bs of the tank and specificly lets you multitarget. the DA one lets you drive even if crew is stunned up to 6', and cant fire if you move more than 6' inchs and has BS 2, because the wording is the machine spirit can fire instead of the tank it could be argued that you can multi target with it (it is a weak argument though). yes most of the time the C:SM is better, however those time where you still have 5 asult terminators inside and they need that extra distance to hop out and charge to deliver those 20 lightning claw attacks, yeah then I would rather have the DA version. silver lineing and all that

That's what extra armour is for.

You know, after reading Frosty's post that exact word for word comment sprung into my mind.

Sure it's the logical one, still freaky to see it like that XD

Yeah the new PotMS is the Bee's Knees, poor DA.While I love every new idea they introduce in dexes, the current disparities between every Marine type is a pity.

Archived