Rhinos with extra armour?

monkey boy

Not at all. Its almost 50% of the cost of the Rhino itself.

3 naked Rhinos is only 5 points more than 2 Extra Armor Rhinos and I think 3 would last longer.

If I took any upgrades on a Rhino it would probably be an extra TL Bolter (Storm Bolter for Loyalists) to double its firepower and make it a bit more of a threat to things.

EDIT: Now on a Land Raider, sure its worth it.

Thanks for the replies you've got me convinced on rhinos, but what about dreds, they can after all assault so would extra armour have any merit with them?

Edit

Perhaps I should explain what I do with my dred, may be a tad more helpfull.

I drop it behind enemy armour ans shoot my MM and pray it survives, wastefull yes but the look on his/her face always makes it worth it, problem is the tank seldom dies, so perhaps extra armour would be helpfull to let my dred assault the tank next turn.

Thanks for the replies you've got me convinced on rhinos, but what about dreds, they can after all assault so would extra armour have any merit with them?

Dreads are the one place i put Extra Armor (and even then usually only on Furiosos)

Yeah for you Loyalists with worthwhile Dreads, Extra Armor is a worthwhile additon if you kept the DCCW on your guy.

Archived