Tor, my new WIP Wolf Lord

TeamLando

Yes, here's my first WIP picture for you, guys, this is the first thing I've put into WIP state from my current vow, to paint a Wolf Lord and atleast 5 new space wolves of some sort. This here's Tor, a pretty heavily converted Lysandermodel, although the crappy photo removes a lot of his current, 20% done, basic colors glory ;)

Just for reference, I've added and removed a LOT of stuff from the original model.

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5049/torlr4.jpg

For instance, I've added a whole bunch of hair and braida and dreads to his head, which red of course, to look like Tor the lightning God from many popular versions of him (not Marvel's ;p) I've also modded his hammer, which is the main thing about Tor the God, and added a wolf head on the hammerhead, instead of that lysanderstuff which were there before.

I removed his left leg guard's logo, and replaced it with a big wolf skull, I also decided to paint that legguard in skulltones, just to give the impression it was carved and old, and somewhat a totem or lucky charm.

I've also added two small pelts to his armor, and one huge peltmantle on his back, which connects with his left hand, where I've put a wolf's head on his shoulder guard. His right hand, pictured unpainted at the bottom, will have a dualsided dualsided chainfist thingy on this right hand, just because it looked kickass. On his right leg there's also a rope of totems and wolf tooths, just to keep him looking feral and old. I also added a cutsom painted shoulderguard, with a picture of three wolves on an edge in a blizzard.

At the very bottom is a picture of his viking shield, which he will have on his back. This one'll be pretty big, but I figured it'd be cool for Tor to have a shields, since the original, barely recognisible Lysandersculpt had one.

Anyways, hope y'all like it. I'll be back with, hopefully, better pictures from a better camera, and WIP shots of those 5 wolves I've vowed to paint.

And just as reference to the changes, here's the original Lysander:

http://wargames.com.hk/oscommerce/images/res/SMlysander_115_130.gif

He looks really cool but the highlights seem a bit to extreme. It may just be the photos but you should consider it. Other then that he's really cool.

Thanks for the comments, and yeah, I think it's mostly the camera, since I've yet to do the heavy work with the shadows and the highlights. I had to take this picture with flash and really up close, since my only working camera lack that macro-lens I usually use to take pics of my minis. Hehe, so fear not :D

I'll upload more pictures later, when he's closing in on the finish line :P

How wonderfully silly - terminator armor, but no helmet, and a small wooden shield to boot.

"Yaarrrr! Fear my completely lopsided approach to technology! With my giant dread-locks I shall slay thee!"

Methinks he didn't pay proper attention the day they were taught about the proper application of armor. :-)

Hehe, yeah, as Brother Duncs says, he's a Space Wolf, they seldom wear helmets, since their smell and hearing is so good they're better off without a helmet.

The shield is.. of course hard as nails, armor plate-style, on the inside, but just ordinary wood and metal on the outside, to keep the traditional feel :D

Haha.

I'll soon update pictures of his other arm :)

Hmm.. I don't exactly remember, but it consist of some layers of layering/blending, since the hair's pretty much the only thing I've been adding more than two colors to atm.

I think it was something like this:

Red Gore, and then Red gore mixed with blood red, with some water in it to make it blend in nicely with the dark red of red gore. Then some blood red brushing, here and there, on the "higher" parts of the hair. After that, I took some blood red and mixed it with small bits of blazing orange, to give the fiery feel to the hair, and after that I finshed it off with some blazing orange blended with water, just to make him more noticeble among the other wolves.

And there you have it, I think

Great stuff man! Care to share on the colors in the red hair? I always wanted to paint a red headed barbaric space marine for my brother, but I could never get the color scheme right.

I figured it was a combination of those. My brother picked up some of that Foundations paint, I'd like to try that out.

I tend to go more for the blonde viking look, and I've managed to paint that pretty well.

Great stuff man! Care to share on the colors in the red hair? I always wanted to paint a red headed barbaric space marine for my brother, but I could never get the color scheme right.

I figured it was a combination of those. My brother picked up some of that Foundations paint, I'd like to try that out.

I tend to go more for the blonde viking look, and I've managed to paint that pretty well.

Yeah, me too, that and brown to blond-brown.

Some grey too, on the older ones.

Black is my biggest problem. Never really could make black hair look real.

Archived