An all Flamer army

Brother Captain Andrecus

I really love Flamers, of all kinds.

I'm wondering if anybody knows of an Army list that uses ONLY flamers as heavy weapons? I realize it would be a bit imbalanced, but I would probably only use it against armies without vehicles, such as a Gaunt heavy 'Nid army...

Care to enlighten me with Prometheum's holy fire?

Well, you would have to leave out heavy choices for practically every squad. The good news is that you're going to have a good bit of mobility. Flamers can be put into basically all squads in the game. Tactical, Assualt, Land Speeders, Razorbacks can be outfitted with flamers. The best choice for a promethium heavy army is the Sternguard squad. Each man can take a Combi Flamer or a regular flamer for two men. But they can take up to two heavy flamers as their heavy weapon.

A lot of things can be outfitted with flamers, and a good armour choice is definitely the Land Raider Redeemer. It's Inferno Cannons can take out anything, except Terminators or Iridium Armour Battle suits. The real problem comes to fighting armour, but you've already said what you'd use it against.

The Chaos Codex is good for flamer armies (the "Galaxy in Flames" Chosen squad could have 5 flamers), but the new Space Marines is simply heavy on the stuff.

Well, here is my 2 credits....

It could be a viable army, as long as you give yourself some sort of AT, wether its Meltabombs, or maybe taking multi-meltas in the tac squads for your free heavy. You are still burning things <_< And a way to make it work is drop pods. You are looking at having as many templates going off a round as possible, so you need to be able to make the best of it. And with D pods with locators, you can deepstrike in your Speeders without fear. They will get a nice, juicy flamer template wherever you choose, and your opponent should be roasting marshmallows over his squads.

Another way to go is Grey Knights, then you WILL have Holy Promethium, and a ton of S 6 attacks to deal with CC or even vehicle hunting (S6 v mostly rear armor in the 10-12 range gives you a fair chance of dealing some damage).

Flamers are always good *if* you have a mobile army (mounted, drop pods, ect). Just toss in some meltaguns in the mix, and you will burn the enemies of the Emperor!

I can totally relate, meltas and flamers all the way ;)

Sisters of Battle.

Grey Knights.

Chaos.

All have flamer(ish) weapons in huge quantities.

If you want to stick to Codex(ish) Marines, take He'stan. He twin-links the flamer weapons for extra hitting power.

Sisters are probably the best choice. Perhaps something like this:

Canoness with a brazier of holy flame / eviscerator (for anti-tank)

--Celestian retinue with Flamer / Heavy Flamer

--Veteran superior with brazier of holy flame / eviscerator

Several Battle Sister Squads with Flamer / Heavy Flamer

--Veteran with book and combiflamer

Seraphim squad with 2xTL Hand Flamers (essentially a flamer that gives an extra CC attack)

--Veteran superior with brazier of holy flame / eviscerator

You could also add in elite celestians, or fast attack dominians, but generally speaking you're better off just getting another Battle Sister Squad or Seraphim Squad instead. This will end up with a very high number of template weapons. Oh, and against MEQ armies, these templates (and all the rapid fire bolter shots) can become AP1 on a to-wound roll of six. Get the codex to get mroe details on that (requires a test based on squad size and uses up a faith point)

Archived