Grey Knight Apoc Hero

honersstodnt

I'm sick of grey knights having no good heroes that can stand toe to toe with other race's heroes. ours should be at LEAST as good, if not better. so I figured I might as well make up a data sheet of my own, and maybe use it next Apoc Game...

Grandmaster Mandulis- 350 points

WS 7; BS 5; S 5; T 4; W 4; I 5; A 5;LD 10; SV (2+,4+)

Equipment - Nemesis Force Weapon, Icon of the Just, Blessed Terminator Plate, Sanctified Storm Bolter, Sacred Incense, Grimiore of

True Names

Nemesis Force Weapon- Wielded by a grandmaster, additionally, ignores invulnerable saves

Blessed Terminator Plate- amplifies his psychic powers such that he rolls 3d6 for psychic tests and picks the 2 lowest, and Renders him immune to instant

death

Sanctified Storm Bolter- Str 4 AP 4 24" range, Assault 3, ignores invulnerable saves

Special Rules-

Beacon of Holy Wrath - Mandulis is a shining example of the power of a grandmaster, and all Grey Knights in his presences fight with great fervor. All Grey

Knights in Mandulis' squad gain Furious Charge.

For the Emperor- If Mandulis and his squad loose a combat by more than 2 wounds, they fight with Strength, Initiative, and WS +1 for the next turn. They

return to normal statistics at the end of the next player turn.

Master Psyker- Mandulis is a psyker, he can use any of the grey knight powers, he can use 2 daemonhunters Powers per player turn. He knows all

Daemonhunter psychic powers.

Retinue- Mandulis is one of the most powerful men of the imperium. Where he goes, devoted and battle hardened warriors follow, willing to protect him to the

death. He may take a retinue consisting of any combination of the following: 1-3 Grey Knight Champions, 1 Grey Knight Chaplain, 1 Grey Knight Crusader. If

he has a retinue, he may be mounted in a Blessed Land Raider at +500 points

Retinue Special Psychic power- If the retinue is more than 4 models in size, their combined psychic powers can summon a holocaust of unusual strength. They

may use the holocaust special rule, counting as a str 6, AP 4 large blast at initiative 1.

Grey Knight Champion- 100 points

WS 6, BS 4, S 4, T 4, W 2, I 4, A 3, LD 10, SV (2+,5+)

Equipment- Nemesis force weapon, terminator armor, storm bolter, psycannon bolts

Grey Knight Chaplain- 150 points

WS 5, BS 4, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 4, A 3, LD 10, SV(2+, 4+)

Equipment- Nemesis force weapon, terminator armor, storm bolter, Icon of the Just

Special Rules: Litanies of Wrath - Gives the squad Feel No Pain and Eternal Warrior

Grey Knight Crusader- 125 points

ws 6, BS 4, S 4, T 4, W 2, I 4, A 2, LD 10, SV(2+,3+)

Equipment- The Emperor's Wrath, The Emperor's Mercy, terminator armor

The emperor's wrath- Mastercrafted Daemonhammer

The emperor's mercy- stormshield, grants 3+ invulnerable save.

Special Rules: Guardian - Any wounds allocated to Mandulis, for any reason, may be rolled for by the Crusader. If the Crusader fails, he takes the wound as

normal.

All nemesis force weapons in the retinue count as being wielded by a brother captain.

Blessed Land Raider (super heavy)- 500 points

Armor- 14 all sides; BS- 5; Structure Points 2; Capacity 12 Models (6 terminators)

Weapons- 2 Twin Linked Sanctified Lascannons, Twin Linked Sanctified Assault Cannon

Upgrades (DH Codex)- Blessed, Dozer Blade, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight

Sanctified Weapons- All weapons ignore invulnerable saves.

Blessed Hull- The land raider's hull is blessed by both the God Emperor and the Omnissiah. Strength D weapons count as Str 10 AP 1 ordinance weapons when

resolving damage done to it. ALso, melta weapons may only roll 1d6 for AP instead of 2d6. Lance weapons do not count as modifying the armor value.

Holy Aura- The holy shrouding of the grey knights is channeled and amplified by their transport. If there is a grey knight squad within 12" of the Blessed Land Raider

It counts as being an obscured target for the purposes of shooting.

Movement - The Blessed Land Raider may move up to 12" per turn and fire all weapons at seperate targets.

Mandulis is an outstanding idea - definitely would be a great addition and I like some of the things you've done. But I can't agree that we lack a good hero - the GKGM is a monster and points wise pretty darn close to what he should be worth IMO. (Force Weapon that beats Eternal Warrior, can't be singled in combat with a retinue). Not that I wouldn't like some tweaks (Eternal warrior) :)

Your superheavy is nice as well - we certainly could use one that is exclusively all our own. But my cheesy side says just give me a plastic thunderhawk and I will ask no more :P

Some new wargear would be cool too, but that leads me onto my next point. One thing that I would hope for when DH gets updated in whatever form GW chooses is that they don't homogenize us as they seem to be doing in the other recent Marine codecies - I don't want a librarian or a chaplain, or 10 types of HQ in our army. I don't want all the same pieces of wargear that is in the SM codex - give us some custom stuff matching the fluff that will let us compete.

Give me the GM, a decent special character like Mandulis, bump up the BC a little and leave it alone. We are supposed to be different than all the other chapters. The problems with our codex are more driven by the troops and the wargear they can take than the HQs and vehicles.

Grandmaster Mandulis- 350 points

WS 7; BS 5; S 6; T 4; W 4; I 5; A 5;LD 10; SV (2+,4+)

Equipment - Nemesis Force Weapon, Icon of the Just, Blessed Terminator Plate, Sanctified Psycannon, Frag Grenades, Melta Bombs, Sacred Incense, Grimiore of

True Names

Nemesis Force Weapon- Wielded by a grandmaster, additionally, ignores invulnerable saves

Blessed Terminator Plate- amplifies his psychic powers such that he rolls 3d6 for psychic tests and picks the 2 lowest, and Renders him immune to instant death

Ok, ok...good so far...wait. If he is going to be in Terminator armour, then he shouldn't have any kind of grenades. Silly as it sounds, no one in terminator armour can take grenades in our codex or even the Space Marine one. Well....I guess they can take melta bombs. But really I think a guy like this would really be above killing rhinos and the like when he really is here because there is some sort of big baddie on the field and he is there to inspire his troops by killing said baddie (and any fool who comes in the way).

Sanctified Psycannon- Str 6 AP 4 36" range, Heavy 4 rending, ignores invulnerable saves

Totally sick dude. However, I think that it would be better off being either a storm bolter or storm shield. Reason is that you can already take 3 GKT with PC and that is going to make for a huge temptation of turning this unit into a, albeit expensive, fire base when it should be getting up close and personal. Regular terminators only get 1 heavy weapon per squad, why should we get FOUR? Anyway, I like the idea of Grandmasters taking it to the Greater Daemons medieval style by shoving the Emperor's Blade down their throat than through a bunch of bullet shots (but I guess dead is dead).

Beacon of Holy Wrath - Mandulis is a shining example of the power of a grandmaster, and all Grey Knights in his presences fight with great fervor. All Grey

Knights in Mandulis' squad gain Furious Charge and Feel No Pain as upgrades.

Going on a limb here me thinks. 12 WS 6, Str 7, I 5 Attacks with the Champions alone and 2+ saves w/ FNP on top of that....wow dude. I say one or the other, probably Furious Charge, and you have to pay points for it but everyone in the retinue can get it. So that way you don't kill of his retinue and then he joins a squad of say.....10 GKTs and the madness just continues.

For the Emperor- If Mandulis and his squad loose a combat by more than 2 wounds, they fight with Strength, Initiative, and WS +1 for the next turn. They return to normal statistics at the end of the next player turn.

This is a pretty cool rule, is unique. I like it.

Master Psyker- Mandulis is a psyker, he can use any of the grey knight powers, he can use 2 Powers per player turn.

Might want to clarify that he use any psyker power from the DH codex.

Grey Knight Champion- 100 points

WS 6, BS 4, S 4, T 4, W 2, I 4, A 3, LD 10, SV (2+,5+)

Equipment- Nemesis force weapon, terminator armor, psycannon

WAY UNDER PRICED! Seriously dude, the psycannon alone is 30pts, not minding the the extra wound, the effectively free Furious Charge, FNP and and additional WS when you compare it to Brother Captain, plus if you are going. I would say 80 base, with a option to give him a Psycannon and ability to buy Furious Charge for like 10 or 15 points. He is still really good at that price! Also don't forget to mention what his NFW counts as being wielded by!

Grey Knight Chaplain- 150 points

WS 5, BS 4, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 4, A 3, LD 10, SV(2+, 4+)

Equipment- Nemesis force weapon, terminator armor, storm bolter, Icon of the Just

Special Rules: Litanies of Wrath - Gives the squad Feel No Pain and Eternal Warrior

He gives FNP too? Isn't that the Apocathery's job? Why not Preferred Enemy? Where is his Crozius? What does his NFW count as being wielded by? Sorry, I feel like that this guy need some more definitive purpose in the group, he is usually a star leading suicides into the enemy's maw but compared to Mandulis, he is looking like a chump. Maybe an advisor, that while he is alive that he gives Mandulis a bonus to fighting (encouragement) or rerolling saves (strengthening his resolve). Just ideas....

Grey Knight Crusader- 125 points

ws 6, BS 4, S 4, T 4, W 2, I 4, A 2, LD 10, SV(2+,3+)

Equipment- Daemon Hammer, Stormshield, terminator armor

Special Rules: Guardian - Any wounds allocated to Mandulis, for any reason, may be rolled for by the Crusader. If the Crusader fails, he takes the wound as

normal.

Cool, I like it. Also using new storm shield rules, might want to clarify it by making it a named piece of equipment since our codex still has old rules. And why only 2 attacks for this guy?

Blessed Land Raider- 500 points

Armor- 14 all sides; BS- 5; Structure Points 2; Capacity 12 Models (6 terminators)

Weapons- 2 Twin Linked Lascannons, Heavy Bolter

Blessed Hull- The land raider's hull is blessed by both the God Emperor and the Omnissiah. Strength D weapons count as Str 10 AP 1 ordinance weapons when

resolving damage done to it. ALso, melta weapons may only roll 1d6 for AP instead of 2d6. Lance weapons do not count as modifying the armor value.

....hmmmm. I don't know if it does enough for 500 pts. Does it count as a super heavy? Cause then you can still kill it in one shot (and still pretty easily too w/ the ap1) so I don't think Blessed Hull does enough. Maybe always counts as obscured (playing off the shrouding thing) and so you're always getting a save (EMPEROR PROTECT ME!) along with the bonuses to meltas and lance benefits. Ooh, and maybe equipped with Psycannon bolts or PSYCANNONS! But I like the idea of having a GK relic LR, good idea!

Overall I think it's turning out to be a good data sheet. It will crush our enemies, see them driven out before us and hear the lamentations of their women (Conan quote for all of you...). Just hope your opponent will ok it.

updated...

the chappy gives FNP instead of preffered enemy because he's not a normal chaplain... grey knights already pretty much hate their enemies as much as possible.. the chaplain's purpose in this squad is to remind them constantly that the emperor is watching, and that they cannot die until they destroy His enemies, thus encouraging them to fight beyond superhuman endurance, hence the FNP and Eternal warrior rules.

Besides, this squad is already insane in CC... they don't need re-rolls to hit :P

The crusader only has 2 attacks because he's not really there to smash the <DELETED BY THE INQUISITION> out of things, his main purpose is to absorb wounds off the commander with his stormshield. if he happens to smash up some crap while he's doing it, horray for him.

Archived