Why don't they see it?

The God Emperor

Unfortuneatly that paragraph only applies to bloodclaws. Thus bloodclaw rhinos can only be ridden in by the squad who takes them, while Grey Hunter rhinos can be ridden by anyone who can fit.

RAW anyways. Its quite obviously a bloodclaw special rule.... just like OBEL in the scout section. Theres a little box and everything.

The SW codex and its interaction with the SM codex is a mess. here's my advice: be reasonable. I'm sure some of the ultra-broken combos will be done away with in the next codex (TDA, Runic Charm, Storm Shield, and Assault Cannon on a wolf guard, for example). Don't take a WGBL with a master-crafted lascannon.

Now, I'm not saying that the OP was doing this. but, some people are. And then they complain that X or Y is too many points. Be reasonable. Use models that will probably be in the next codex (storm shield and thunder hammer - most likely. assault cannon and storm shield - probably not).

I'm sorry if I appear stupid, but I don't quite get what you're saying... SW can't take wargear from C:SM? that's absurd because SW is a suppliment, an add-on to the SM so BT, BA, SW and all other SM should use the codex's wargear...

Is this what you're talking about? I haven't played any serious games yet, just with friends, but if you can't take wargear from SM, why not make SW it's own codex, not a suppliment.

So 4rth ed space marines shouldnt have taken apothecaries for their seargents? *Shrugs* We play in the edition that is, not the one that will be. As for some of the more twinktastic combos, as you put it... that Lascannon WGBL you just talked about? Two wounds, T4, and 110pts. You can get a predator with TLLC for that. Any of the options that people think of as twinky from our book can be reproduced for cheaper in another book or end up balanced at the end.

Or do you see space wolves winning all the pro tournaments? I sure dont.

Yes, we play in the edition that 'is' not what 'might be'. And yes, a WGBL with master-crafted lascannon is expensive. But, unlike a predator, I can hide him in a unit (of say, long fangs) with 4 fenrisian wolves (all in 4+ cover).

Look, I think it's totally unreasonable for a group to say a SW should be using the SW codex summary. But, none of us know the whole story either. If the OP is trying to find every loophole to jump through and build a beardy list, I can understand where the reaction of his group is to say that he has to use the SW summary page. But, if the OP is building a reasonable list, then I don't understand his group's reaction.

And I don't have enough time to assemble stuff, so I'm not building models that I expect to be soon obsolete.

iirc, a SW player won the 40k Radio tourney competition and the list featured an uber WG in TDA unit stuffed in a LRC.

All Im saying is that the "Beardy" Combos we have are all still expensive and we pay for them. Average cost for a GH squad of 10 is arounnd 220pts. For a Space marine player its around 180. Were worth the extra 40 points, but we arent worth more than that.... it makes the list unplayable.

Wolf Gaurd and the WGBL are in the same boat. Sure, you can do that... but my point is that youve just paid 110pts to add a single lascannon to that squad of already expensive long fangs. BS 5 you say? Who cares, every single devastator squad gets a shot at BS 5, and with combat squads they can split fire too. For cheaper, with more wounds.

The discouts we get are few.... Venerable dreadnaughts, wich makes sense personally, Wolf Scouts are a bit cheap for what they do... but only one pack can pull the tricks off at a time. Our HQ's start of cheaper, end up in about the same points cost as a SM after equipment, and the occaisions where they dont we simply dont have the abilities they do... like say an orbital strike, or WS 6.

Space Wolves are a balanced force. The problem is that the new codex screwed over a few other first founding chapters. Between that and people who cant do their own taxes we end up with an air of hostility.

Archived