starting player seeking armylist advise

Dusktiger

so im just starting out, and im thinking of making 2 DIY chapters of marines, partly cause i like the variety pf painting 2 kinds of chapters, and also cause then whereever i go, i bring enough models for 2 players, so its nice when visiting family.

anyways, im thinking of doing the following. a diy that's based off the ultramarines 2nd company, so itll be really vanilla. my other chapter will be Dark Angels based. most likely a 3rd company style.

here's what i've got down so far;

for my ultra army:

• captain with command squad and razorback
  • termie squad (5 men)
  • 2 dreadnoughts
  • pair of 10 man tactical squads
  • vanguard veteran squad

and for my DA army, im thinking of:

• captain
  • pair of 10 man tactical squads
  • dreadnought

now, i already have the models for the ultra army, and for the DA army, i have the captain and 5 tactical marines(came with razorback).

for someone who's starting out, what kind of additions would you suggest for my 2nd army, and any revisions to the existing stuff? ill say ahead of time for my mental play-style, im not really interested in bikes or land speeders, so im trying to not focus on any ravenwing models. since this will be a set i'll carry around with me when i visit friends and family, itll be mostly geared to marines vs marines, with the possibility of an additional CSM army cause i want to do a khorne or thousand sons army cause i like the color scheme. but if i do that, itll be a totally basic HQ with 20 troops for the forseeable future.

any advice would be great; im nore into the painting and personalizing atm, so i havent really thought out my tactics.

and if i posted this in the wrong forums area, i apologize.

Archived