Iron warriors

could i use the space marine codex to play iron warriors? i mean they have techmarines ,and masters of the forge, which would be great Iw's just wondering, also,could i maybe use chimeras (the model) as a transport, i mean with out the turret, its basically a rhino, fluff wise it could have been captured from a forge world, would use rhino,or razorback rules, thanks.

could i use the space marine codex to play iron warriors? i mean they have techmarines ,and masters of the forge, which would be great Iw's just wondering, also,could i maybe use chimeras (the model) as a transport, i mean with out the turret, its basically a rhino, fluff wise it could have been captured from a forge world, would use rhino,or razorback rules, thanks.

A few people have being doing this with the IW & the new codex. But make sure that you let your friends/oppent know before hand & same time also have a chaos copy of your list in the event people get a little iffy.

Other thing is, if it for friendly games you could alway use the chaos codex & ask your oppent if it alright to use a Servo Arm/Harness paying the pts of course. Like wise just ask there permission if you could use the Master of the Forge rule. If the games are in your local GW I would ask your oppent for permission first.

As for the chimera, you should check out George Dellapina Storm Trooper force for the conversion he done useing Rhinos parts & chimera as they look pretty cool. Other wise it should be alright just make sure to have the wargear for the Rhino/Razorback on there ;)

Also rememeber that it is your army, so for friendly games just go with what you like, with the oppent know what what in the army of course. But as said I would advice that you make a legal chaos list as well as a Marine list. Just in the event people may preffer with it being a chaos force, that you follow the codex Chaos.

Hope that help out

IP

Honestly, just because you have models painted iron warriors, does not mean your limited to the chaos codex. As long as everything is wysiwyg you should be fine. If someone says "Hey thats not space marines, thats chaos, you can't use the space marine book" do yourself a favor and punch him in the nose. As long as you clearly state that you are using the space marine codex, they cannot say anything. It's not like you are taking both codexes and mixing and matching, you are choosing a single army book, end of story.

As far as obliterators go, highly modified thunderfire, or maybe a master of the forge with conversion beamer.

I have some of the old Obliterators and considered doing this same trick....using the Marine Codex. One item I considered is pulling out the old Oblts from 3rd before they got beefy, they could make a good Devastator squad.

Archived