Painting GK Landraider

Krieghammer

So after reading Silent Requiems (thanks for a great piece of inspiration) tactica i got lost in the warp and decided to try out the Grey Knights. Having bought their codex i realized that apart from the overall grey/silver and gold/red/white paintscheme for the Grey knights infantry, the Land Raider do not have any established Paintscheme as two different variants were shown in the book..

Thus i got a couple of ideas of how to paint the Land Raider.

Here is how i have pictured the colours of my Land Raider;

(My sponsons will be situated in the front location)

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/Fanatichammer/GK_Land_Raider1.png

But i am not certain on this, so i would like to hear all your thoughts and suggestions, and describtions and pics of your own Land Raiders!!

Thanks for helping me out!

great paintjob Adoremus, I must say, it brings up an interesting question.... for the scripture on the LR front hatch, one must wonder if they read it inside the LR or if they have to read it when outside of it(Don't mind me... I think about meaningless things such as this)

Thanks.

In fact, I have painted all the insides of my vehicles. Though not a very gifted (but passionate) painter, I am a perfectionist. This has cost me the chance to use my 3 new Vindicators in the last APOC game, but we whipped the face of the Manufactorum planet clean of the IG scum anyway.

Maybe the book has more power than being a good read for the faithful. It may help to consecrate and protect the LR and its aura may be as unbaerable to enemies as are the frag granades on the fron of an LRC. Who knows?!

Even though using GK doors and gunners on the my LRs, I sometimes use them as Inquisitorial LRs if I happen to play my SoB army, so I did not want to go for an all silver design.

This is my puppy.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/Tiffer_z/Daemonhunters/Zeusside.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/Tiffer_z/Daemonhunters/LandRaiderZeus.jpg

He's in need of a repaint and possibly refitting but he still looks good.

=]D[=

Well... Either way it goes, my colors are red and black with gold accenting, apart from the black, none of the colors used are exactly what they began as.

RED: Scab Red + wash of Blood Red + wash of Chaos Black + Gloss Varnish

BLACK: Chaos Black + Gloss Varnish

GOLD: Mithril silver + Dry brushed Burnished Gold

Will have pictures posted as soon as I can if you like, though that means 1: I get the net at home and 2: I get a camera so I can take pics of it. Webcam does well for the humanoid models, but not for vehicles.

Course, mine isn't actually GK either, it's my Inquisitor's personal LR.

Archived