Introduction + question

Zhukov

Hey everybody,

I read a lot on these forums i felt that it now it is the time to join this site uhum...

I got about:

-1750 points Space Marines

-1500 points Chaos Space Marines

I only played a couple of games with chaos yet, but i am pretty experienced with sm and played some games with nids, grey knight, tua and blood angels.

Ive been playing for 2 years now.

Well enough said.

And now i got a question you guys definately know but i just couldnt find the answer:

Must one re-roll all dices with Warptime? Or only the failed ones?

The C:CSM p.88 says all dice, not just failed ones, and the only mention of warptime in teh FAQ is to say you can't use it the turn you deepstrike.... but you do not have to re-roll any dice, its optional.... but if you do use it, you have to re-roll everything.

oke thanks.

I was a bit confused because of the 'may re-roll all rolls to hit and to wound'. With a little imagination i could be explained as: you dont have to re-roll all..

Ah well its still pretty decent on a DP i guess, although not a no-brainer :D

and o yeah i know i dont have to re-roll dices lol, that would be totally stupid

Interesting, I had assumed you picked which dice to reroll.

However if we're now thinking its just a flat reroll across the board, while it helps, it helps alot less reliably.

I'll have to look at the codex when I get home.

Hey,

I had assumed you picked which dice to reroll

Unfortunately, it's rather poorly-written:

A successful Test at SoT means the Psyker -

"may re-roll all rolls to hit and rolls to wound ... "

Not "failed" rolls or "any" rolls - "all" rolls.

So, it's evidently all or nothing.

Pity.

Playa

Not "failed" rolls or "any" rolls - "all" rolls.

So, it's evidently all or nothing.

Pity.

Pity indeed, that significantly decreases its usefulness.

As it was, Warptime allowed you to hurt things far above your average. Assuming you hit on 4+ and wound on 4+, you'll see an increase of 50%, hitting and wounding 75% of the time with Warptime vs 50% without.

Now its main use will be to help ensure you get an average roll, so its really only helpful if your first rolls totally suck.

EDIT: I think this means that I'll be phasing Warptime out and replacing it with either Doombolt or Wind of Chaos

ill think i maybe go now with just Mark of Khorne. The problem i see sometimes with WoC is the fact that you sometimes cannot charge the target if he takes away some models.

Archived