This is my army

i regularly fight dark angels and valhallan what tactics would you employ against this emperor filth.

Abaddon

cypher

karn

chaos lord in terminator armour combi melta and deamon weapon

chaos sorcerer mk of tzeentch

1 terminator champion with lightening claws ( I use for abaddons bodyguard)

4 terminators reaper autocannon combi flamer bolterx2 powerfist clainfist power axe

5 pocessed 2x wings

1 chosen champion power sword plasma pistol

4 chosen standard & plasma pistol, melta gun, bolt pistol & power fist x2

1 fallen dark angel sergent plasma pistol & power sword

4 fallen dark angel vets bolt pistol and power fist, plasma gun, bolt pistol & chainsword and rocket lancher

dreadnought with plasma cannon and close combat weapon, flamer

1 raptor champion pair lightening claws

4 raptors plasma gun, plasma pistol & chain sword, 2x bolt pistol and chain sword

3 bike all with bolters

landraider

rhino

defiler twin linked reaper autocannons havoc launcher

1 havoc champion bolt pistol & power sword

4 havocs lascannon, missile launcher, autocannon, heavy bolter

1 oblitarator

1 aspiring sorcerer with bolt pistol and force weapon

8 thousand sons all bolters

1 skull champion with plasma pistol & power fist

9 khorne bezerkers 2 plasma pistols 6 axes

2 noise champions bolt pistol and power sword, plasma pistol & powerfist 2 doom sirens

14 noise marines 7 sonic blasters 3 blast masters, 4 bolters

1 plague champion twinlinked bolter & power weapon

6 plague marines flamer, 5 bolters

2 aspiring champions bolt pistol & chainsword, plasma pistol & power weapon

10 chaos space marnes, 7 bolters, heavy bolter, flamer

10 chaos space marines, 7 bolters, plasma gun , heavy bolter

1 fallen sergent dark angel plasma pistol and power sword

5 fallen dark angels 4 bolters, flamer

well HQ and troops should be about enough. The biggest problem i see is your Heavy Support: 1 is almost nvr good at this point. More oblits? another Defiler? or maybe even another Land Raider?

I don't see a lack of much but mobility and the rest of the Obliterator squad.

You've got almost no way to deliver your army to your opponent. One Rhino and one Land Raider aren't enough transport.

- Thousand Sons are horrible without something to give them mobility. It's entirely possible that you move no more than 12" total in a 5 turn game if you have bad dice luck.

- Berzerkers need a transport to have any real chance of getting to the enemy in significant numbers.

- Plague Marines... meh... park em on an objective and make your opponent pay for getting to them.

- Noise Marines do okay footslogging, assuming they have the weapon upgrades. If not, they're no better off than regular CSM.

- CSM do better from 12" than they do from further out, and are vulnerable while footslogging.

- Terminators need a delivery system to get into their most effective combat zones: 12" and assaulting. This means putting them in the Raider (not transporting any of the other options from above) or using an icon to put them in the right place, something you need to have to get near your enemy... requiring that the icon equipped squad have a transport to get aross the table fast enough.

Sure, you can theme out or "enhance" your army by adding demon princes, defilers, more of whatever. But your "basic" units lack the support that they need to be effective.

My opinion: Transports.

Yeah transports i normally send my berzerkers in the landraider with karn. either the thousand sons or the pocessed in the rhino. i deepstrike my terminators and raptors but with more transport i could get the rest of my troops amongst it because the foot slogging is leaving my transported troops open for a long time. so 3 more rhinos should do it???

Archived