a lil help on flying nuns

Mosk

Ok so I am going to be playing a game on thursday against a space marine army. Three dreads, one rhino, and a predator...

So I wanna run two flying nuns and a seraphem squad of five, all of these will go dread hunting, then predator hunting, then rhino, then what ever else. He has termies that generally deep strike, so I will get exorcist ready for that.

Would it be good to have one nun go after one thing, one nun go after another , and the seraphem go after another?

Also should I arm each cannoness and the one VSS with combi meltas and shoot at the dreads, or should I have em take inferno pistols? Then also should I take evicerators, or what close combat weapon should I take? Or should I take melta bombs

Well, you are not allowed to take those lovely two handed chain swords and a combi melta. Evis and inferno pistol are good equipment for the flying nuns, that said giving one of them the blessed sword or whatever it is called is also effective.

Why would a Blessed Weapon be any good against Dreads? S5 can't hurt AV 13 which is all you'll ever see unless you're fighting some from of codex marines like BT who don't have Ironclads yet. I guess its useful for when you smack a vehicle then start cutting into troops.

So IYO

What would be the best way to load up both my nuns and my VSS? Are inferno pistols better then combimeltas? (for dreadnaughts/predators/rhinos) ot iron clad dreads though thank the Emperor for that one, those are no fun.

Why wouldn't you take it? Personally if you are taking 2 flying nuns, I would start by filling out that seraphim squad to 7-8 members. If you want a dedicated tank huntin squad, give them dual inferno pistols and the VSS an evis and inferno pistol. 3 melta shots will melt tanks and dreads alike. At the same time you can turn them around and point them at a unit of terminators and have them turn those into slag. Another viable option instead of a kitted cannoness is the saint, attach her to the seraphim squad and hilarity ensues.

Personally I think 2 nuns and a seraphim squad kitted for tank hunting is a little... much, drop a cannoness and fill out that seraphim squad first. If you are fielding 2 then give the blessed weapon to the other and have her tear through MEQ's. No point in wasting a nice power weapon like that.

Yea... but you fly in, you inferno pistol the dread, then to charge and kill him with the evis? Why wouldn't you do that? You are going to fly within 3 inches to target the dread with the inferno pistol already I hope, why in gods name would you not charge him? Let him charge you?

Well this is assuming that those exorcists aren't taking care of the work. In which case you shouldn't be fielding 2 nuns and neither should be going after dreads... Exorcists and seraphim can clean up enemy tank units all over the place with ease. Then switch targets and have the exorcists go after the most expensive unit on the table... Termies are definately prime for a nice volley of missiles.

Archived